A Mechanical Engineer Supervisor, male or female, is needed by a construction firm in Takoradi. Applicant must have five or more years of experience in that profession.
- Oversee the mechanical works at our construction projects.
- In this role, you will be responsible for training and mentoring staff, creating work schedules, providing technical assistance, and troubleshooting system issues.
- You may also be required to assist in maintaining and repairing the equipment or installations used on-site.
- To ensure success as a mechanical supervisor, you should exhibit strong leadership skills and have sound knowledge of the design and execution of all mechanical systems.
- The mechanical supervisor will ensure that all the mechanical work done on-site is completed on time and to code.
- The probation period to be performed at GNPC Takoradi Project and the period of probation will be decided in the interview process.
- Designing and implementing work schedules for the mechanical works: plumbing, firefighting & HVAC.
- Inspecting and assessing the work done by the mechanical staff or subcontractors.
- Reading and interpreting design schematics to ensure the proper installation of mechanical systems: plumbing, firefighting & HVAC.
- Troubleshooting major system failures and equipment malfunctions, testing & commissioning for all the systems.
- Overseeing the delivery, installation, and maintenance of the mechanical equipment on-site.
- Ensuring the work is completed on schedule and to code.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area.
- Consulting with builders, architects, and other workers on-site.
- Providing motivation and assistance when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a similar field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of mechanical engineering work experience in the Oil and Gas Industry, Construction, or related field.
- Proven experience in large-scale buildings (residential or commercial) and/or hospitals.
- Proven work experience as a mechanical supervisor.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical systems design and execution: plumbing, firefighting & HVAC.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with building and safety codes, especially British Standards.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- A good eye for detail.
Salary is to be negotiated based on your experience.
How to Apply
As professionals, we expect you to follow these instructions please properly.
- Apply only if you qualify – must have five or more years of hands-on experience in the Oil & Gas or construction industry.
- Give us a brief indication of the projects you have been involved with. Your CV should have accomplishments and not a list of tasks/duties per role.
- Send us your highly customized 2-3 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect an ability to communicate with brief, focused, clear sentences).
CVs must be in Word (so NO PDF files, please) to: [email protected] with the appropriate heading: ‘MechEng Supervisor – Takoradi’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Ideally, use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial font No 12 and capitals for your headings.
- Also, please indicate the earliest time you can start working.
- DO NOT SEND a CV that is four pages long nor a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc – The ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than three pages.
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them, and getting one from you is too complex.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and meeting with you.
Don’t forget to share with family and friends.