The Member of Parliament for the Suame Constituency, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu has described the inciting comments made by National Democratic Congress (NDC) Youth Organizer of the Constituency as unfortunate.
According to the New Patriotic Party (NPP) MP, such comments by a youth organizer is unheard of and is as a result of the propaganda being perpetuated by the leaders of the opposition NDC party.
“I believe it’s a very unfortunate comment from anyone engaged in politics. When you look at Article 55 of our Constitution, it clearly spells out the purpose of a political party. It says we have a duty to build this nation to prosper around economic, social and political ideas. Sell your policies to people in your constituency to vote for you, how does that warrant killing?”Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu made reference to the video saying that the NDC youth organizer claimed Akufo-Addo killed 8 people to gain political power. He further said that it was a very sad commentary from a person involved in politics, and that this was a problem of propaganda because these claims were shared by some leaders of the NDC; claiming that Akufo-Addo killed people for power.
“But if we are going to look back in that regard, what happened at the Atiwa during elections? When Anita Desoso drove through a crowd, injuring some people, was it to win them power?”Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
The Ghana Police has announced that it had mounted a search for the said executive for his alleged comments relative to the 2024 general elections. This announcement followed the publication of the viral video where the said organizer is seen inciting members of the party to engage in violence to win power.
According to the Majority leader, whereas there have been similar incidents of violence under the NDC administration, the blame cannot necessarily be placed on the President at the time.
“Some unfortunate things happen during elections but I will not accuse the late Prof Mills of being behind what happened in previous elections as well.”Osei Kusi-Mensah-Bonsu
NDC Hands Over Embattled Suame Constituency Youth Organizer To Police
The National Democratic Congress (NDC) leadership has finally handed over the Suame Constituency Youth Organizer in the Ashanti Region to the Ashanti Regional Police Command today, Wednesday February 8, 2023.
The move by the NDC comes after the Ghana Police Service declared him wanted and demanded he reports to the police.
In a statement, the Ghana Police Service in a press statement concerning the viral video, it cited Mr. Koampa Razak for inciting political violence ahead of the 2024 general elections.
“The Ashanti Regional Police has initiated steps to get this person arrested to face justice. Meanwhile, we would like to take this opportunity to urge political actors to be circumspect in their utterances and actions as we work together to safeguard the peace and security of our beloved country.”Ghana Police Service
Mr. Koampa Razak was reportedly seen, being escorted to the Sofoline Police Station during the day. So far, both the party and the Police Command has not said anything about the statement made to the police or the next line of action.
But according to circulating news, it is likely for the embattled Suame NDC Youth Organizer to appear before the law court this week, though the charges against him are not readily known.
READ ALSO: Akufo-Addo’s Name Should Be In The Guinness Book Of Records – Peter Akwasi Mensah
Leave a Reply