• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in UK

Calls’ Intensifies to Suspend Tory MP Over Groping Allegations

Maynard Championby Maynard Champion
July 1, 2022
Reading Time: 3 mins read
Add as Preferred on Google
Former Deputy Chief Whip, Chris Pincher

Former Deputy Chief Whip, Chris Pincher

UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, is facing intense calls to suspend his former Deputy Chief Whip as a Tory MP, after allegations that he groped two men at a private members’ club.

Chris Pincher, quit his government post on Thursday, June 30, 2022, saying in a resignation letter that he “drank far too much” and “embarrassed myself and other people”. Labour’s Yvette Cooper called for his suspension whilst the “really serious” allegations are formally investigated, adding, “This is about sexual assault”.

Welsh Secretary, Simon Hart, said he cannot confirm a formal probe had been launched into the allegations, adding that the Tory Chief Whip, Chris Heaton-Harris, would be holding discussions on Friday, July 1, 2022, to “decide properly what should happen”.

A newspaper first reported Mr. Pincher’s resignation, saying he was drinking at the Carlton Club in central London when he was said to have assaulted two other male guests. Several concerned Tory MPs contacted the Conservative Whips’ office to complain about his behaviour, the paper said.

ADVERTISEMENT

However, a response is yet to come from Mr. Pincher, the Conservative Party and the Tory whips’ office over the latest developments.

Excerpts of Pincher’s Resignation Letter

In a resignation letter on Thursday, Mr. Pincher wrote to the Prime Minister saying, “Last night I drank far too much.”

“I think the right thing to do in the circumstances is for me to resign as deputy chief whip. I owe it to you and the people I’ve caused upset to, to do this.”

Former Deputy Chief Whip, Chris Pincher

On Thursday, June 30, 2022, a Downing Street source disclosed that as things stood, Mr. Pincher would face no further action from the party and would keep the whip, allowing him to continue to sit as a Conservative MP.

A Tory MP told reporters that they raised concerns about Mr. Pincher’s behaviour to senior figures in Number 10 and the Conservative Party, including Chief Whip, Chris Heaton-Harris, Minister Nigel Adams, government whips and one of the Prime Minister’s top advisers, Ben Gascoigne.

Complaints by Heads

Speaking regarding the rising concerns, the MP said “Loads [of us] did when he was in the frame for chief whip and he never got it. There were concerns, none of us had proof we could use. He should have the whip suspended and a by-election”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Labour and Shadow Home Secretary, Yvette Cooper, in a radio interview intimated that “This is just a total disgrace, the response from Boris Johnson, from the government to this. These allegations are really serious, this is about sexual assault”.

“So, the idea that the response that we’ve seen – that the prime minister thinks he’s done the decent thing by resigning, that there’s no need for an investigation – that’s a total disgrace. There has to be a full investigation now, and of course, he should have the whip suspended while that investigation takes place. We need to know the full truth about what has happened, and what the allegations are, but I think that’s the first step that needs to take place.”

Labour and Shadow Home Secretary, Yvette Cooper

She added that the Conservatives “have to show they take this sort of thing more seriously, and time and again Boris Johnson just doesn’t. That is not good enough. This is about standards in public life”.

Liberal Democrat Chief Whip, Wendy Chamberlain also said “Given the seriousness of these allegations, it’s difficult to see how Chris Pincher can continue as an MP. There now needs to be a full investigation and in the meantime, Chris Pincher should have the Conservative whip withdrawn.”

ADVERTISEMENT

READ ALSO: Why I won’t do collaborations for free henceforth- Kidi

ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: Boris JohnsonTory MPsUK
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

Why I won’t do collaborations for free henceforth- Kidi

Next Post

Mixed Reactions Over Gov’ts Decision To Seek An IMF Bailout

Related Posts

UK Prime Minister, Andy Burnham
UK

Burnham Pledges 100% Support for Ukraine Despite Russian Warning

August 18, 2026
A heavy aerial drone attack on Wildberries
UK

Russia Threatens UK With ‘Consequences’ Over Ukraine’s Use of British Drones

August 18, 2026
Reform UK
UK

Reform UK Plans Mandatory Community Work for Long-Term Benefit Claimants

August 17, 2026
Dr Thom Oliver, Senior Lecturer in Politics at the University of the West of England
UK

Nigel Farage Won Clacton But Reform UK May Have Lost Politically – Dr Thom Oliver

August 17, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent News

Cedi Cuts 2026 Losses by More Than Half

Cedi Cuts 2026 Losses by More Than Half

August 18, 2026
IMG 4687

GIPA and GUTA Forge Joint Roadmap to Shield Ghana’s Retail Sector

August 18, 2026
Lawyer Sammy Gyamfi, Gold Board CEO

Mining Communities Must Be Treated as Economic Shareholders – GoldBod CEO Gyamfi

August 18, 2026
Deputy Director General for Technical Services at the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA), Dr. Eric Amoah

NaCCA Clarifies Its Role in Curriculum, and Textbook Approval

August 18, 2026
17870695077666159910892672839409

Patrick Vieira Named Head Coach of Teranga Lions

August 18, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
Mixed Reactions Over Gov’ts Decision To Seek An IMF Bailout

Mixed Reactions Over Gov’ts Decision To Seek An IMF Bailout

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.