• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Friday, May 22, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in Asia, USA

US Forces Shoot Down Houthi Drones

Comfort Ampomaaby Comfort Ampomaa
February 22, 2024
Reading Time: 3 mins read
Newly recruited Houthi fighters attend a protest march against the U.S.-led strikes on Yemen and the Israeli war in the Gaza Strip, Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2024, in Sanaa, Yemen.

Newly recruited Houthi fighters attend a protest march against the U.S.-led strikes on Yemen and the Israeli war in the Gaza Strip, Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2024, in Sanaa, Yemen.

According to the U.S army’s Central Command (CENTCOM), a U.S aircraft and a coalition warship have shot down six Houthi unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) in the Red Sea.

“UAVs were identified by U.S. Central Command as likely targeting U.S. and coalition warships and were an imminent threat,” CENTCOM noted in a post on X.

CENTCOM separately disclosed that one person had been injured after two Houthi missiles hit a British-owned cargo ship in the Red Sea and added that the US also shot down six Houthi drones in the Red Sea identified as imminent threats to US and allied warships.

Meanwhile, the French navy shot down two drones over the Red Sea, the defence ministry said.

ADVERTISEMENT

The strikes come amid heightened tensions in the region, where Houthi fighters have carried out attacks on commercial and military shipping since November, in solidarity with the Palestinian people in Gaza.

The Houthi attacks have disrupted international commerce along a route that accounts for about 15 percent of the world’s shipping traffic.

Several shipping companies have redirected their vessels around the southern tip of Africa, delaying delivery times and adding a further 3,000-3,500 nautical miles (5,500-6,500km) to their route.

Neither ongoing air strikes by the United States and United Kingdom on Houthi positions inside Yemen nor a US-led maritime coalition to protect commercial shipping appear to have boosted trade traffic through the Suez Canal.

The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) reported that weekly container ship traffic through the Suez Canal has dropped by 67 percent from peak levels.

The Yemen-based group says the attacks are a means of exerting pressure to end the war in Gaza.

Overall traffic through the Suez, a source of important revenue for Egypt, has fallen by 42 percent.

UNCTAD added that the disruptions have also impacted countries such as Djibouti, Kenya and Tanzania, which benefit from the transportation of goods through the canal.

Houthis “Ban” Israeli, US, British Ships From Red Sea

Moreover, Yemen’s Houthis announced that ships that are wholly or partially owned by Israeli individuals or entities and Israel-flagged vessels are “banned” from the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden and Arabian Sea.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Houthi’s Humanitarian Operations Coordination Center, an agency controlled by the group, sent a statement to shipping insurers and firms operating in the region.

Ships owned by US or British individuals or entities, or sailing under their flags, are also banned.

Also on Thursday, Houthi leader, Abdulmalik al-Houthi announced the introduction of “submarine weapons” to be used in their attacks.

“Operations in the Red and Arabian Seas, Bab al-Mandab Strait, and the Gulf of Aden are continuing, escalating, and effective,” Abdulmalik al-Houthi added in a televised speech.

More to come…

READ ALSO: Russia Set To Capture More Ukrainian Lands

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: Abdulmalik al-HouthiCENTCOMHouthiIsrael-Hamas warUNCTAD
ShareTweetShareSendSend
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

Surge in UK Anti-Muslim Hate, Women Targeted

Next Post

YEA Employs 282 Former Tollbooth Workers

Related Posts

reuters 6a1093b3 1779471283
USA

Tulsi Gabbard Resigns

May 22, 2026
20260502 LDP001
USA

Warsh Sworn In As New Fed Chair

May 22, 2026
State Department Defends Decision To Revoke Chinese Student Visas
Asia

Rubio Calls for ‘Plan B’ on Hormuz

May 22, 2026
download 66
USA

U.S Raises Likelihood Of Military Intervention In Cuba

May 22, 2026

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Recent News

Hon. Eric Opoku, Minister for Food and Agriculture, Signs MoU with the Legislative Council of Nebraska State

Ghana-Nebraska Agro-Industrial MoU to Slash Dairy and Meat Imports

May 22, 2026
reuters 6a1093b3 1779471283

Tulsi Gabbard Resigns

May 22, 2026
Government’s Digital Investments Creating New Economic Opportunities, ADB DMD Services

Government’s Digital Investments Creating New Economic Opportunities, ADB DMD Services

May 22, 2026
20260502 LDP001

Warsh Sworn In As New Fed Chair

May 22, 2026
Hearts of Oak head coach Mas-Ud Didi Dramani in training

Hearts Coach Targets Win Against GPL Champions, Urges Unity Among Phobians

May 22, 2026
Next Post
Kofi Agyepong, CEO, YEA

YEA Employs 282 Former Tollbooth Workers

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover the Details behind the story

Get an in-depth analysis of the news from our top editors

Enter your email address