• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, November 29, 2025
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result

Israel Approves New Settlement In Occupied West Bank

Comfort Ampomaaby Comfort Ampomaa
August 14, 2024
Reading Time: 4 mins read
Israel Announces Expansion Of Settlements In Occupied West Bank

Israeli Finance Minister, Bezalel Smotrich.

Israel has approved a new settlement on a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the occupied West Bank

Far-right Finance Minister, Bezalel Smotrich disclosed that his office had “completed its work and published a plan for the new Nahal Heletz settlement in Gush Etzion”, a bloc of settlements south of Jerusalem.

 “No anti-Israeli and anti-Zionist decision will stop the development of settlements,” Smotrich, who lives in a settlement, posted on X.

RelatedPosts

Sri Lanka Seeks Assistance As Cyclone Ditwah Wrecks Havoc

Families Affected By Hong Kong’s Deadly Blaze To Receive Emergency Funds

Sheikh Hasina Sentenced To 21 Years In Separate Corruption Cases

He added, “We will continue to fight against the dangerous project of creating a Palestinian state by creating facts on the ground.”

Smotrich stated that the new 60-hectare (150-acre) settlement, called Nahal Heletz, will form part of the Gush Etzion settlement cluster and connect the region with nearby Jerusalem.

In June, Israel announced that it was going to legalise five outposts in the West Bank, seize huge swaths of Palestinian land and establish three new settlements, which are illegal under international law.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Nahal Heletz settlement, which received preliminary approval along with four others in June, lies between Gush Etzion and the Palestinian city of Bethlehem, south of Jerusalem.

About 700,000 Israeli settlers now live in the West Bank, including occupied East Jerusalem.

All of Israel’s settlements in the West Bank, occupied since 1967, are considered illegal under international law, regardless of whether they have Israeli planning permission.

The Israeli anti-settlement group, Peace Now denounced the plan, calling it a “wholesale attack” on an area “renowned for its ancient terraces and sophisticated irrigation systems, evidence of thousands of years of human activity”.

Peace Now said that it will flank houses in the Palestinian village of Battir, a UN World Heritage site known for its stepped agricultural terraces, vineyards and olive groves.

“These actions are not only fragmenting Palestinian space and depriving large communities of their natural and cultural heritage, they also pose an imminent threat to an area considered to be of the highest cultural value to humanity,” the organisation said in a statement.

According to a European Union report, last year Israel advanced plans for 12,349 homes to be built in the West Bank, the most in 30 years.

Palestinian Ministry Denounces Building Of New Israeli Settlement

The Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that Israel’s appropriation of hundreds of acres of land in the Bethlehem area for the illegal Nahal Heletz settlement “comes in light of the international failure to implement the relevant UN resolutions”.

In a statement, the ministry stressed that the international community’s failure “encourages Israel to continue West Bank land confiscation and the deepening of its colonial project”.

The ministry also said that the increased demolitions that have accompanied the acts of land appropriation “constitute a blatant disregard of international resolutions, international law and the advisory opinion issued by the ICJ”.

In a landmark opinion on July 19, 2024, the ICJ declared Israel’s decades-long occupation of Palestinian land “illegal” and called for the evacuation of all existing settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

The Palestinian Foreign Ministry also termed the Israeli move as part of Tel Aviv’s “expansionist colonial policy.” 

It noted that these actions “aim to connect the settlements into a massive geographical bloc, consuming significant portions of Palestinian land in the occupied West Bank.”  

The ministry also condemned Israel’s ongoing demolitions of Palestinian homes and structures in the West Bank for alleged lack of permits. 

Secretary-General of the Palestinian Initiative Movement, Mustafa Barghouti also condemned Smotrich’s announcement, describing it as “part of a continuous campaign of displacement and aggression against the Palestinian people.” 

He stressed that the move “defies international law and the rulings of the International Court of Justice (ICJ), which have consistently rejected the legitimacy of Israeli settlements on Palestinian territories.” 

READ ALSO: Oil Surplus Looms If OPEC+ Increases Supplies, IEA Data Shows

ShareTweetShareSendSend
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

NCCE Chairperson Underscores the Importance of Civic Education

Next Post

Season Journalist calls for Enactment of law to Jail Dishonest and Greedy Politicians

Related Posts

afp 692a9f1431a8 1764400916
Asia

Sri Lanka Seeks Assistance As Cyclone Ditwah Wrecks Havoc

November 29, 2025
Chief Executive of Hong Kong, John Lee Ka-chiu.
Asia

Families Affected By Hong Kong’s Deadly Blaze To Receive Emergency Funds

November 27, 2025
Former Bangladeshi Prime Minister, Sheikh Hasina.
Asia

Sheikh Hasina Sentenced To 21 Years In Separate Corruption Cases

November 27, 2025
download
Asia

Lebanon, Cyprus Ink Long-delayed Sea Border Agreement

November 26, 2025
Taiwanese President Lai Ching-te speaks during the island's National Day celebrations.
Asia

Taiwan Unveils Special Budget For Arms Purchases

November 26, 2025
U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights, Volker Türk Sounds Alarm Over Shift In US
Asia

UN Human Rights Office Urges Probe Into Israeli Strikes On Lebanon

November 25, 2025
Nigeria Stuns Global Markets with $21bn Capital Surge as Bold Reforms Ignite Investor Frenzy
Africa

Nigeria Stuns Global Markets with $21bn Capital Surge as Bold Reforms Ignite Investor Frenzy

by M.CNovember 29, 2025
Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II
General News

Asantehene Urges President Mahama to Act on Unemployment Crisis

by Silas Kafui AssemNovember 29, 2025
Executive Director of Africa Education Watch (Eduwatch), Kofi Asare
General News

Let There Be Peace’: EduWatch Boss Demands Presidential Action on Wesley Girls Dispute

by Evans Junior OwuNovember 29, 2025
GNCCI Leads Charge for Business-Friendly 2026: Says Borrowing Could Sink Gains Made in 2025
Vaultz Business

GNCCI Leads Charge for Business-Friendly 2026: Says Borrowing Could Sink Gains Made in 2025

by M.CNovember 29, 2025
Springfield Afina Block
Extractives/Energy

Afina Block Could Be ‘Worthless’ — IMANI Warns Government Against Rushed Acquisition

by Evans Junior OwuNovember 29, 2025
Agribusiness

Ghana’s Cocoa Sector Exhumed from Hibernation as Processing Capacity Burgeons

by Michael Teye-Bio NaduteyNovember 29, 2025
Nigeria Stuns Global Markets with $21bn Capital Surge as Bold Reforms Ignite Investor Frenzy
Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II
Executive Director of Africa Education Watch (Eduwatch), Kofi Asare
GNCCI Leads Charge for Business-Friendly 2026: Says Borrowing Could Sink Gains Made in 2025
Springfield Afina Block

Recent News

Nigeria Stuns Global Markets with $21bn Capital Surge as Bold Reforms Ignite Investor Frenzy

Nigeria Stuns Global Markets with $21bn Capital Surge as Bold Reforms Ignite Investor Frenzy

November 29, 2025
Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II

Asantehene Urges President Mahama to Act on Unemployment Crisis

November 29, 2025
Executive Director of Africa Education Watch (Eduwatch), Kofi Asare

Let There Be Peace’: EduWatch Boss Demands Presidential Action on Wesley Girls Dispute

November 29, 2025
GNCCI Leads Charge for Business-Friendly 2026: Says Borrowing Could Sink Gains Made in 2025

GNCCI Leads Charge for Business-Friendly 2026: Says Borrowing Could Sink Gains Made in 2025

November 29, 2025
Springfield Afina Block

Afina Block Could Be ‘Worthless’ — IMANI Warns Government Against Rushed Acquisition

November 29, 2025
The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Discover the Details behind the story

Get an in-depth analysis of the news from our top editors

Enter your email address