• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, November 29, 2025
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result

U.S-UK Launch Strikes On Houthis; A Costly Mistake Or Needed Act Of Deterrence?

Comfort Ampomaaby Comfort Ampomaa
January 12, 2024
Reading Time: 4 mins read
Houthi commandos board the cargo ship Galaxy Leader in November.

Houthi commandos board the cargo ship Galaxy Leader in November.

In an act that could have destabilizing implications for the region, U.S and UK launched strikes against Houthi military targets in Yemen in retaliation for the Iran-backed group’s attacks on vessels in the Red Sea.

In support of Palestinians in Gaza, the Houthis have launched numerous missile and drone attacks on vessels in the Red Sea which they say are involved with Israeli ports.

The U.S military’s Central Command (CENTCOM) disclosed that U.S and UK forces, with support from Australia, Canada, the Netherlands and Bahrain, “conducted joint strikes on Houthi targets to degrade their capability.”

RelatedPosts

Sri Lanka Seeks Assistance As Cyclone Ditwah Wrecks Havoc

Families Affected By Hong Kong’s Deadly Blaze To Receive Emergency Funds

Sheikh Hasina Sentenced To 21 Years In Separate Corruption Cases

CENTCOM added that radar systems, air defence facilities, weapons storage and launch sites for drones and missiles were attacked.

“We hold the Houthi militants and their destabilizing Iranian sponsors responsible for the illegal, indiscriminate, and reckless attacks on international shipping that have impacted 55 nations so far, including endangering the lives of hundreds of mariners, including the United States,” CENTCOM Commander General, Michael Erik Kurilla said.

CENTCOM also stressed that the action was separate to Operation Prosperity Guardian, a naval coalition operating in the Red Sea.

ADVERTISEMENT

There have been 27 reported Houthi attacks on international shipping vessels in the Red Sea such attacks since October 17, according to CENTCOM.

The US air force said that it struck “over 60 targets at 16 Iranian-backed Houthi militant locations, including command and control nodes, munitions depots, launching systems, production facilities, and air defense radar systems.”

In a statement, U.S President, Joe Biden said, “These strikes are in direct response to unprecedented Houthi attacks against international maritime vessels in the Red Sea – including the use of anti-ship ballistic missiles for the first time in history.”

He asserted that Houthi attacks have endangered U.S personnel, civilian mariners, and partners, jeopardised trade, and threatened freedom of navigation.

Biden also said that he would be willing to authorise further attacks on Yemen if Houthi attacks on shipping did not stop.

“I will not hesitate to direct further measures to protect our people and the free flow of international commerce as necessary,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Biden administration failed to gain Congressional approval before launching the strikes.

Grant Shapps, UK Defence Secretary wrote on X that the strike “was not only necessary, it was our duty to protect vessels [and] freedom of navigation” in light of the great threat to “innocent lives and global trade” that Houthi attacks in the Red Sea presented.

According to the U.S Secretary of Defense, Lloyd Austin, US and UK strikes on Yemen send a “clear message to the Houthis” that the group’s attacks in the Red Sea will not be tolerated.

“This action is intended to disrupt and degrade the Houthis’ capabilities to endanger mariners and threaten global trade in one of the world’s most critical waterways,” he said in a statement.

Houthi Condemns Strike

Mohammed al-Bukhaiti, a senior Houthi official warned the U.S and UK that they will “regret” attacking Yemen, which he described as “the greatest folly in their history.”

In posts on social media, al-Bukhaiti said that London and Washington had made “a mistake” in launching a war on Yemen.

The world, he said, was now witnessing a “unique war” in which those supporting “right and those who are wrong” can be clearly identified.

“The goal of one of its parties is to stop the crimes of genocide in Gaza, represented by Yemen, while the goal of the other party is to support and protect its perpetrators, represented by America and Britain,” al-Bukhaiti said.

“Every individual in this world is faced with two choices that have no third: Either to stand with the victims of genocide or to stand with its perpetrators,” he added.

Hussein al-Ezzi, the Houthi Deputy Foreign Minister warned of severe retaliation against the US and UK for bombing targets in Yemen, 

“Our country was subjected to a massive aggressive attack by American and British ships, submarines and warplanes. America and Britain will have to prepare to pay a heavy price and bear all the dire consequences of this blatant aggression.”

Hussein al-Ezzi

One thing remains certain, that the Houthis will not let this slide but will walk their talk of retaliation. When this happens, it will drag U.S into a seeming protracted conflict in the region instead of the peace and stability the U.S advocates for.

READ ALSO: Minority Vows To Oppose EC Decision Not To Use Indelible Ink Ahead of 2024 Polls

Tags: Grant Shappshouthi attacksHussein al-EzziJoe BidenMohammed al-Bukhaiti
ShareTweetShareSendSend
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

Ghana’s Power Woes: Mahama’s Critique and the Call for Fiscal Prudence

Next Post

Speaking On The Death Of In-law, CEO Of Kikibees

Related Posts

afp 692a9f1431a8 1764400916
Asia

Sri Lanka Seeks Assistance As Cyclone Ditwah Wrecks Havoc

November 29, 2025
Chief Executive of Hong Kong, John Lee Ka-chiu.
Asia

Families Affected By Hong Kong’s Deadly Blaze To Receive Emergency Funds

November 27, 2025
Former Bangladeshi Prime Minister, Sheikh Hasina.
Asia

Sheikh Hasina Sentenced To 21 Years In Separate Corruption Cases

November 27, 2025
download
Asia

Lebanon, Cyprus Ink Long-delayed Sea Border Agreement

November 26, 2025
Taiwanese President Lai Ching-te speaks during the island's National Day celebrations.
Asia

Taiwan Unveils Special Budget For Arms Purchases

November 26, 2025
U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights, Volker Türk Sounds Alarm Over Shift In US
Asia

UN Human Rights Office Urges Probe Into Israeli Strikes On Lebanon

November 25, 2025
Nigeria Stuns Global Markets with $21bn Capital Surge as Bold Reforms Ignite Investor Frenzy
Africa

Nigeria Stuns Global Markets with $21bn Capital Surge as Bold Reforms Ignite Investor Frenzy

by M.CNovember 29, 2025
Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II
General News

Asantehene Urges President Mahama to Act on Unemployment Crisis

by Silas Kafui AssemNovember 29, 2025
Executive Director of Africa Education Watch (Eduwatch), Kofi Asare
General News

Let There Be Peace’: EduWatch Boss Demands Presidential Action on Wesley Girls Dispute

by Evans Junior OwuNovember 29, 2025
GNCCI Leads Charge for Business-Friendly 2026: Says Borrowing Could Sink Gains Made in 2025
Vaultz Business

GNCCI Leads Charge for Business-Friendly 2026: Says Borrowing Could Sink Gains Made in 2025

by M.CNovember 29, 2025
Springfield Afina Block
Extractives/Energy

Afina Block Could Be ‘Worthless’ — IMANI Warns Government Against Rushed Acquisition

by Evans Junior OwuNovember 29, 2025
Agribusiness

Ghana’s Cocoa Sector Exhumed from Hibernation as Processing Capacity Burgeons

by Michael Teye-Bio NaduteyNovember 29, 2025
Nigeria Stuns Global Markets with $21bn Capital Surge as Bold Reforms Ignite Investor Frenzy
Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II
Executive Director of Africa Education Watch (Eduwatch), Kofi Asare
GNCCI Leads Charge for Business-Friendly 2026: Says Borrowing Could Sink Gains Made in 2025
Springfield Afina Block

Recent News

Nigeria Stuns Global Markets with $21bn Capital Surge as Bold Reforms Ignite Investor Frenzy

Nigeria Stuns Global Markets with $21bn Capital Surge as Bold Reforms Ignite Investor Frenzy

November 29, 2025
Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II

Asantehene Urges President Mahama to Act on Unemployment Crisis

November 29, 2025
Executive Director of Africa Education Watch (Eduwatch), Kofi Asare

Let There Be Peace’: EduWatch Boss Demands Presidential Action on Wesley Girls Dispute

November 29, 2025
GNCCI Leads Charge for Business-Friendly 2026: Says Borrowing Could Sink Gains Made in 2025

GNCCI Leads Charge for Business-Friendly 2026: Says Borrowing Could Sink Gains Made in 2025

November 29, 2025
Springfield Afina Block

Afina Block Could Be ‘Worthless’ — IMANI Warns Government Against Rushed Acquisition

November 29, 2025
The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Discover the Details behind the story

Get an in-depth analysis of the news from our top editors

Enter your email address