President of the Bono Regional House of Chiefs, Osagyefo Oseadeayo Agyeman Badu II, has expressed gratitude to President Akufo-Addo for the completion of the first phase of the Sunyani Airport.
Speaking on behalf of the Chiefs and people of the Region, he revealed that they have been rightly informed that Phase 1 is now fully completed and will be fully functional after it is officially commissioned. With this, he commended the President for his dedication to the region.
“Mr. President, we thank you for the re-construction works on the Sunyani Airport. Sometime past, we all remember the deplorable state of our airport. It took the shine off our region significantly. That’s is why we are here to thank you.”Osagyefo Oseadeayo Agyeman Badu II
Touching on other government’s developmental projects, Oseadeayo Agyeman Badu II indicated that the Chiefs and the citizenry have also all been “massive beneficiaries of the Free Senior High School Policy”. He highlighted that the 1D1F has equally been of great benefit to the people of the region as well.
“In fact, Mr. President, I will lose focus if I begin to enumerate all the developmental projects that you have undertaken and continue to undertake for the good people of this country.”Osagyefo Oseadeayo Agyeman Badu II
On his part, President Akufo-Addo took the opportunity to address a number of issues in the region. He opined that Passion Air has already indicated its readiness to fly that route and that Phase Two works on the Airport will be captured in the mid-year budget with works scheduled to begin in July.
“The total road network in Bono is 4554km. These include Trunk roads, Urban Roads, Feeder Roads. 81 road projects are currently ongoing in the region with 19 of them being most active. These include the Menje – Bui Road, Sunyani Inner City Roads; which is under the Sinohydro, Antwi kurom – Adiembra – Bakoniaba Road, Droboso – Kenyasi – Akrobi Road, Wamfie – Adiembra Phase One, Upgradiing of Nkran Nkwanta – Kaase Road, Dormaa Ahenkro – Nkran Nkwanta and Nkran Nkwanta Town Roads.”President Akufo-Addo
Developmental projects in Bono Region
President Akufo-Addo explained that the lecture block at the Dormaa Ahenkro campus of UENR is 95% complete, just as the other blocks intended for Offices, laboratories and IT Auditorium are about 60% complete. In lieu of this, he expressed that some infrastructure is being put in place to complete the remaining 40%.
“The Foundation Stage of the Lecture Hall and Theatre at the Sunyani Campus is being addressed at the moment, library is 70% complete, Office Block is 70% complete, with the new school gate also at the same level of completion. It is hoped that by the end of this year, all of that part of the UENR will be completed. The Minister of Education and I, will look at raising the needed financing to work rapidly on the Nsoatre campus.”President Akufo-Addo
Commenting on the expansion of the Coronation Park, President Akufo-Addo stated that a meeting was held on May 19, 2022 between the Ministry of Sports and CK Engineering Company, which have produced the designs of the proposed Sunyani Sports Stadium. He elaborated that the idea is of a 15000-capacity stadium including the financing arrangements for the project.
President Akufo-Addo in concluding, hinted that a joint memorandum between the Ministries of Health and Education is to be submitted before cabinet on the elevation of the Sunyani Regional Hospital to a Teaching Hospital status as well.