• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in General News

Gane Marricke’s Lawsuit Thrown out

thevaultzby thevaultz
November 30, 2020
Reading Time: 3 mins read
Gane Marricke's Lawsuit Thrown out

Mr. Marricke Kofi Gane

A lawsuit filed by Marricke Gane Kofi against the Electoral Commission (EC), over his disqualification from the December 2020 election as an Independent Presidential candidate has been dismissed by the Criminal Division of the Accra High Court on Monday, November 30, 2020.

Mr. Gane, an independent presidential aspirant was disqualified by the EC for allegedly forging signatures of persons who endorsed his nomination forms.

Mr. Gane had petitioned the court to overrule the Electoral Commission’s decision on the basis that, his right to natural justice was breached when the EC failed to provide an opportunity for him to rectify alleged errors on his forms.

The court presided over by Her Ladyship, El-Freda Denkyi, in her judgment said the EC did no wrong since the errors constituted a case of fraud, and that puts Mr. Gane in a position where he lacks any rights to be protected by the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Her ladyship El-Freda Denkyi further ruled that, the reliefs being sought by Mr. Gane could not also be accepted because, he filed the suit ten days after the disqualification was announced and his case came up for hearing on the 23rd November 2020, which was 14 days to elections.

The judge explained that, the delay in filing the suit has tilted the balance of convenience towards the EC and that, granting the reliefs will mean the EC may breach the constitutional provision of holding elections on December 7, and the public would be denied their rights to choose their leader.

The court said the applicant does not deserve any of the reliefs he sought and also the fact that all provisions have been made by the EC ahead of the elections, hence dismissed the application.

The applicant who was one of the candidates disqualified from the race by Electoral Commission on grounds of alleged forgery was seeking an order through Certiorari.

Similarly, the High Court in a similar manner dismissed independent candidate, Kofi Koranteng’s claims against the Electoral Commission.

Mr. Koranteng turned to the judicial system to challenge the Electoral Commission’s decision to disqualify him from the 2020 presidential poll.

Kofi
Mr. Kofi Koranteng

He had earlier told the court that, the Commission gave him a time frame to re-submit the flagged portions of his nomination forms; which he took and re-submitted on October 14, 2020.

He said he therefore expected that, the Commission would have given him a fair and reasonable treatment as mandated by article 23 of the 1992 Constitution.

The court, presided over by Her Ladyship Gifty Addo on Monday, November 30, 2020, found that Mr. Koranteng by his own admission had committed infractions in the process and that the Electoral Commission had not acted unreasonably.

ADVERTISEMENT

In that light, his case was also dismissed.

5 candidates out of the 17 who submitted their applications as presidential aspirants got disqualified by the Electoral Commission on the 19th of October, 2020. The other three affected candidates were Akwasi Odike of the United Progressive Party (UPP), Kwasi Busumburu of the People’s Action Party (PAP), and the United Front Party’s (UFP) Agyenim Boateng.

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: ECElection 2020GaneLAWSUIT
Share3Tweet2ShareSendSend
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

We Are Willing And Must Win- Mustapha Hamid

Next Post

BoG Establishes Licensing Category for PFTSP

Related Posts

Minority Leader Hon. Alexander Afenyo-Markin
General News

Afenyo-Markin: I Won’t Retreat on Circuit Court 9 Judge Criticisms

May 19, 2026
President John Dramani Mahama and Minister of Health Hon. Kwabena Mintah Akandoh
General News

Ghana Pays $22 Million Global Vaccine Contribution Ahead of Schedule

May 19, 2026
President John Dramani Mahama speaking at the Accra Reset High-Level Geneva Convening, Switzerland
General News

From Declarations to Delivery: Mahama Charts New Global Health Path at Geneva

May 19, 2026
Hon Sam George and Hon Abena Osei-Asare during PAC Committee
General News

Senior Advisor Critiques Conduct Standards In PAC Proceedings

May 19, 2026

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Recent News

Abraham Attah , "The Beast of Nation" Movie

Ghanaian Actor Abraham Attah Graduates from Tufts University

May 19, 2026
Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola

Guardiola Expected to Leave After A Decade at Manchester City

May 19, 2026
Ebola Outbreak Caused by the Bundibugyo Virus

WHO Ramps Up Response as Ebola Outbreak Spreads in DR Congo

May 19, 2026
Minority Leader Hon. Alexander Afenyo-Markin

Afenyo-Markin: I Won’t Retreat on Circuit Court 9 Judge Criticisms

May 19, 2026
Standard Chartered to Cut 7,800 Jobs as AI Shakes Up Banking Industry 

Standard Chartered to Cut 7,800 Jobs as AI Shakes Up Banking Industry 

May 19, 2026
Next Post
BoG Invites Applications for Primary Dealers and Bond Market Specialists

BoG Establishes Licensing Category for PFTSP

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover the Details behind the story

Get an in-depth analysis of the news from our top editors

Enter your email address