• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Monday, August 17, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in Europe

Denmark Shooting: Shopping Mall Gunman Charged With Murder

Maynard Championby Maynard Champion
July 4, 2022
Reading Time: 3 mins read
Add as Preferred on Google
Copenhagan

A 22-year-old man suspected of killing three people at a shopping centre in Denmark’s capital, Copenhagen has been charged with murder.

Two Danish citizens, both aged 17, and a 47-year-old Russian citizen were killed in Sunday’s (July 3, 2022) attack. Police said the suspect has mental health issues and there is no indication of a terror motive. He had a rifle and a knife and his shooting was random, “not motivated by gender or anything else”, the Police added.

Danish media reported that the suspect appeared in front of a court in a blue T-shirt accompanied by three heavily armed officers. The suspect’s lawyers refused to enter a plea for the accused while the media were present and the judge ordered the rest of the hearing to be behind closed doors. Additionally, the judge also imposed a name ban on both the suspect and the victims. The suspect will be remanded in a closed psychiatric ward for 24 days, authorities said.

Report from the Police

Speaking to reporters earlier on Monday, July 4, 2022, Police Chief, Soeren Thomassen, intimated that they believed the suspect, described as “an ethnic Dane”, was acting alone and was not helped by anyone else. He added that the suspect was known “peripherally” to the Police.

ADVERTISEMENT

Four people were seriously wounded in the attack. Two are Danish citizens, a 40-year-old woman and a 19-year-old woman. The other two are Swedes, a 50-year-old man and a 16-year-old woman. One remains in critical condition, the Chief Physician at one of the hospitals treating some of the victims said, giving no further details.

Three others were hit by stray bullets, taking the total number of people shot to 10, Police said. Out of the 10 people who were shot, six were women and four were men, Police Inspector, Dannie Rise, told reporters, while adding that one of those shot was an Afghan national.

Where it all Began

The deadly attack began at Field’s shopping mall at around 17:35 (15:35 GMT) local time on Sunday, July 3, 2022, according to the Police report.

The multi-storey shopping centre, which is one of the biggest in Denmark, is near a secondary school as well as a large student-housing block and is often full of young people.

Several of those present at the shopping centre spoke of how they fled the scene or hid in toilets, shops and storage rooms. An eyewitness, Mikkel Suldrup, who is a chef at a restaurant in the shopping mall, in an interview with reporters said “One moment I was making pizzas, the next moment a woman ran in and told us a man had started shooting… it just went chaotic… People crying, people panicking”.

ADVERTISEMENT

“A lot of people sought refuge in our restaurant. We had some kids who got lost from their parents. It was really terrible. I was scared of course. You had this feeling he could have come into our shop.”

Mikkel Suldrup

Police arrested the suspect near the mall, 13 minutes after being alerted to the attack. Talking about the attack’s aftermath, Mr. Suldrup said “I saw a dead man being carried out. It’s indescribable, it really is. It’s unbearable.”

“You hear about these things happening in other countries, USA mainly, but you just don’t think it happens here.”

Mikkel Suldrup

Praising the Police’s response, concert-goer, Jan Muller, told the media that “They acted really quickly, organising transport for everyone.”

Meanwhile, Police are also investigating videos of a young man with weapons, which have been circulating on social media since Sunday, July 3, 2022, believed to be authentic.

ADVERTISEMENT

READ ALSO: Teachers’ Unions Commence Nationwide Strike Over Payment Of COLA Allowance

ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: DenmarkGunmanMurderShopping Mall
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

Over 25% of SSNIT Contributors Earn GH¢500 or Less

Next Post

Deputy Finance Minister Assures The Maintenance Of Social Intervention Programmes Despite IMF Move

Related Posts

France’s new Prime Minister, Sébastien Lecornu
Europe

Lecornu Pledges Aid And Rebuilding After France Wildfires

August 17, 2026
EU flag
Europe

EU Mobilises Firefighting Support As Wildfires Spread Across Europe

August 17, 2026
Image 1 Almaraz Nuclear Power Plant Almaraz Spain
Europe

Spain Extends Almaraz Nuclear Plant Life To 2030

August 14, 2026
1001061450
Europe

Europe Battles New Wildfires As Heatwave Intensifies

August 14, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent News

IMG 4668

GIPA Engages Global Investors at Invest Fest 2026 in Atlanta

August 17, 2026
npp flag1 2

Six Days To File: NPP National Officer Nominations Open Until Saturday

August 17, 2026
BoG Backs Open Banking to Expand SME Credit

BoG Backs Open Banking to Expand SME Credit

August 17, 2026
Iran To Respond 'Without Restraint' To Israeli Strikes

US-Iran MoU Expires Amid Stalled Peace Talks

August 17, 2026
Honourable Maxwell Kwame Lukutor

South Tongu MP Assures Dzebetato Residents Of CHPS Support

August 17, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
Government Allocates GH¢4 Billion to Resolve Banking Sector Clean-up Crisis

Deputy Finance Minister Assures The Maintenance Of Social Intervention Programmes Despite IMF Move

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.