• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Friday, August 21, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in Asia

Israeli Airstrike On Rafah Likely To Hinder Mediation Efforts

Comfort Ampomaaby Comfort Ampomaa
May 27, 2024
Reading Time: 3 mins read
Add as Preferred on Google
Palestinians gather at the site of an Israeli attack on a camp area housing internally displaced people in Rafah on May 27, 2024.

Palestinians gather at the site of an Israeli attack on a camp area housing internally displaced people in Rafah on May 27, 2024.

Qatar’s foreign ministry has said the Israeli airstrike on Rafah could hinder mediation efforts to reach a ceasefire in the conflict and a hostage release deal.

Several attempts at brokering a new truce, after a week-long cessation of hostilities in November, have foundered. The last round of talks, mediated by the US, Egypt and Qatar, quickly drew to a stalemate after Israel launched its attack on Rafah.

US intelligence officials met Israeli and Qatari delegations in Paris on Friday in an attempt to get negotiations back on track, but Hamas downplayed reports of tentative progress, telling a news agency on Sunday that the group had not received anything from the mediators on new dates for the resumption of talks, as Israeli media had reported.

According to Italy, Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians in Gaza were no longer justifiable, making one of the strongest criticisms Rome has made so far against Israel’s war on the enclave.

ADVERTISEMENT

“There is an increasingly difficult situation in which the Palestinian people are being squeezed without regard for the rights of innocent men, women and children who have nothing to do with Hamas, and this can no longer be justified,” Defence Minister Guido Crosetto told a news agency.

“We are watching the situation with despair,” he noted.

Crosetto added that Italy agreed in principle with the Israeli response to Hamas’s attack on Israel on October 7 but added that a difference had to be made between the group and the Palestinian people.

Meanwhile, Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan asserted that his country would do “everything possible” to hold Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu to account over deadly strikes in Rafah.

“We will do everything possible to hold these barbarians and murderers accountable who have nothing to do with humanity,” Erdogan said.

ADVERTISEMENT

French President, Emmanuel Macron also said that he was “outraged by the Israeli strikes that have killed many displaced persons in Rafah.”

“These operations must stop. There are no safe areas in Rafah for Palestinian civilians,” he posted on X.

He added, “I call for full respect for international law and an immediate ceasefire.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Rafah Attack Shows There Are No Safe Zones In Gaza

AP24148330969991 1716812082
Palestinians pray next to the bodies of their relatives killed in Israeli attacks.

The Palestinian foreign ministry stated in a statement that the “heinous massacre” in Rafah comes amid Israel’s dismantling of Gaza’s health system and blocking of aid and medicine.

“The ministry considers this crime as new evidence proving that Israel’s declared war is against Palestinian civilians, and refutes the occupation’s claims of the existence of safe zones in the Gaza Strip,” it said.

The ministry also called on those still backing Israel’s war on Gaza to “awaken conscience, law and morals in the face of the genocidal war” and comply with international law.

Jan Egeland, the head of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), also said in a post on X that the Rafah camp attack is another one of the “red lines” of Israel’s allies that have been trampled.

Egeland also said that mass civilian casualties and attacks on hospitals were other red lines disregarded by the Israeli military.

He asked, “How many red lines must be crossed?”

He stated that “no more red lines” is the appeal the aid organisation is making to European leaders meeting in Brussels now.

READ ALSO: Ablakwa Notifies Police Of June 18 Demo Against SSNIT Hotel Sale

ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

Finance Minister Leads Ghana’s Delegation to AfDB Annual Meetings

Next Post

Afenyo-Markin Slams Minority’s Boycott Of Parliament

Related Posts

ASEAN To Hold Three-Way Summit With GCC And China
Asia

Malaysia Condemns Israel’s E1 Settlement Plan

August 21, 2026
download 2
Asia

USS George Washington Arrives In Middle East

August 20, 2026
c6bbb5f620d992e44e1b8d656a7f48ad
Asia

Bangladesh Holds First Contested Presidential Vote In 35 Years

August 20, 2026
Israeli Attacks on Iran persist For Third Day
Asia

Iran Dismisses Trump’s New Sanctions Threat

August 20, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent News

Minister for Education, Hon. Haruna Iddrisu,

Ministry of Education Orders Reinstatement of Assaulted Student’s Boarding

August 21, 2026
Screenshot

GRA Pushes for Data-Driven Collection to Improve Tax Reforms

August 21, 2026
Zambian Opposition Leader Brian Mundubile

Opposition Leader Brian Mundubile Summoned by Zambian Police

August 21, 2026
Asante Gold Corporation

Asante Gold Harvests 117,076 ounces of Gold in First Half of 2026

August 21, 2026
Lasmid,Ghanaian musician and rapper

Lasmid Drops New Single “Liquor Store”

August 21, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
Afenyo-Markin's on NPP defeat

Afenyo-Markin Slams Minority's Boycott Of Parliament

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.