• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in USA

US Adds Three Palestinian Rights Groups To Sanctions List

Comfort Ampomaaby Comfort Ampomaa
September 5, 2025
Reading Time: 5 mins read
Add as Preferred on Google
U.S Treasury Department symbol.

U.S Treasury Department symbol.

The US has imposed sanctions on three prominent Palestinian rights groups; Al-Haq, Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) and Al-Mezan Center for Human Rights, adding them to the Department of the Treasury’s “Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List.”

In a subsequent statement, US Secretary of State, Marco Rubio said that US has sanctioned the three groups for engaging in what he called the International Criminal Court’s“illegitimate targeting of Israel.”

He added that the rights groups were targeted for having “directly engaged in efforts by the International Criminal Court (ICC) to investigate, arrest, detain, or prosecute Israeli nationals, without Israel’s consent.”

State Department Defends Decision To Revoke Chinese Student Visas
U.S. Secretary of State, Marco Rubio.

 “The United States will continue to respond with significant and tangible consequences to protect our troops, our sovereignty, and our allies from the ICC’s disregard for sovereignty, and to punish entities that are complicit in its overreach.”

Marco Rubio

In November 2023, the three groups filed a lawsuit with the ICC asking the Prosecutor to investigate Israel for airstrikes on densely populated areas in Gaza, the siege of the territory, the forced displacement of its population, the use of toxic gas and the denial of necessities, including food and water.

ADVERTISEMENT

The organizations also urged the ICC to issue arrest warrants for the Israeli leaders involved in actions they said amounted to “war crimes and crimes against humanity, including genocide.”

All three groups had provided evidence on Israeli abuses in the case.

In November 2024, the ICC issued arrest warrants for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Defense Chief Yoav Gallant for war crimes, including “starvation as a method of warfare” and crimes against humanity.

The court also issued a warrant for Hamas official Mohammed Deif, who Israel said was one of the masterminds of the October 7 attack. Israel said Deif was killed in an airstrike last year.

The Ramallah-based Al-Haq has been a leading organisation both in the occupied Palestinian territory and internationally seeking accountability for Israeli abuses, while leading litigation in several countries.

ADVERTISEMENT
2021 11 08T120537Z 154620757 RC2CQQ9VQQZR RTRMADP 3 CYBER NSO ISRAEL PALESTINIANS 1757018350
The logo of the Palestinian human rights organisation Al-Haq is seen in its offices in Ramallah in the Israeli-occupied West Bank in 2021.

The Gaza City-based Palestinian Centre for Human Rights and the Al-Mezan Center for Human Rights have been leading independent organisation that have documented Israel’s ongoing war in Gaza.

US Sanctions Slammed

In a statement shared by all three organisations, they condemned “in the strongest terms the draconian sanctions” imposed by the Trump administration.

The statement noted that these measures “in times of live genocide against our People, is a coward[ly], immoral, illegal and undemocratic act.”

ADVERTISEMENT

It added that only states with “complete disregard to international law and our shared humanity can take such heinous measures” against human rights organisations working to end a genocide.

“As the world moves to impose sanctions and arms embargoes on Israel; its ally, the US is working to destroy Palestinian institutions working tirelessly for accountability for the victims of Israel’s mass atrocity crimes.”

Palestinian rights groups statement

Also, Amnesty International called the US decision to impose sanctions a “deeply troubling and shameful assault on human rights and the global pursuit of justice.”

Erika Guevara-Rosas, Senior Director for Research, Advocacy, Policy and Campaigns said in a statement, “These organizations carry out vital and courageous work, meticulously documenting human rights violations under the most horrifying conditions.”

“This decision also starkly exposes the Trump administration’s deliberate efforts to dismantle the very foundation of international justice and shield Israel from accountability for its crimes.”

Erika Guevara-Rosas

In a post on the social media platform X, Mohsen Farshneshani, a sanctions lawyer and advisor at Democracy for the Arab World Now (DAWN), described the organisations as “three of the most prominent Palestinian human rights groups.”

“Shameful but not surprising. This administration bends over backwards to put Israel First every time.”

Mohsen Farshneshani

President Donald Trump’s administration has waged a campaign to punish organizations involved in the ICC’s efforts to investigate Israel’s conduct in the war in Gaza.

The Trump administration had previously sanctioned the ICC in response to its investigation and subsequent arrest warrants issued for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Gallant for alleged war crimes committed in Gaza.

The US previously sanctioned the Ramallah-based Addameer, a human rights organisation focused on Palestinian prisoners and detainees, in June.

In July, the Trump administration also sanctioned the Palestinian Authority (PA), which administers the occupied West Bank, and the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), which represents Palestinians internationally.

At the same time, the Trump administration has revoked sanctions imposed under former US President Joe Biden on Israelis from illegal settlements and organisations accused of violence.

READ ALSO: Minority Leader Calls for Shake-Up to Restore Trust in Ghana’s Democracy

ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: International Criminal CourtSanctions
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

Bulls and Bears Lock Horns as GSE Ends Trading Day Flat

Next Post

Rising Revenue Fails To Stop Nigeria Borrowing

Related Posts

Trump Rebuffs Putin’s Offer To Aid Israel-Iran Conflict Mediation
USA

U.S. Imposes 50% Tariffs on $20bn Worth Of Canadian Goods

August 22, 2026
Trump Tax Bill To Widen Deficits By $2.8T After Factoring In Economic Impacts
USA

Trump Opens Door To Temporary Tariff-Free Beef Imports

August 21, 2026
shutterstock 2486799965 scaled e1740370844946
USA

US Approves Qatar Aircraft Sale

August 20, 2026
International Criminal Court as Hungary To Withdraw From ICC
USA

ICC Criticises US Sanctions On Court’s Top Officials

August 19, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent News

Bagre Dam

Bagre Dam Spillage: Region Ready For Possible Flooding, Minister Reveals

August 23, 2026
IMANI Logo

IMANI Commends Government for Adopting Structured Pathway on Mining Leases

August 23, 2026
Ablakwa hands the Ministry of Foreign Affairs report envelope to President Mahama, formally closing out the committee's mandate ahead of Ghana's 2027 AU chairmanship.

Expert Committee Submits Reports to Mahama Ahead of AU Chairmanship

August 23, 2026
Minority Leader Hon. Alexander Afenyo-Markin

Afenyo-Markin Stands Firm on “GoldBod Losses”, Threatens Legal Action

August 23, 2026
Professor Ernest Kofi Davis,Director-General of the Ghana Education Service

GES urges Teachers to Ignore Requests for Salary Adjustment Letters

August 23, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
Official data from the World Bank indicates that Nigeria is on track to secure $1.75bn in new loans by the end of 2025.

Rising Revenue Fails To Stop Nigeria Borrowing

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.