• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in Asia

Iran Attacks Bahrain, Kuwait In Response To US Airstrikes

Comfort Ampomaaby Comfort Ampomaa
June 28, 2026
Reading Time: 4 mins read
Add as Preferred on Google
reuters 6a411530 1782650160

Iran launched drone and missile attacks today, targeting Bahrain and Kuwait in response to U.S. airstrikes that hit the country, and threatened a “complete halt” in negotiations to end the war if Washington continues its attacks.

The Kuwaiti military said that air defenses intercepted incoming Iranian drones and missiles this morning, just after the U.S. strikes. Kuwait, which hosts a major U.S. Army base, said that it had detected and intercepted two ballistic missiles and there were no reports of injuries or damage.

Bahrain’s Interior Ministry said that the Iranian strikes damaged a residential building near the international airport and no one was killed. Bahrain is home to the U.S. Navy’s 5th Fleet, whose base there came under repeated attack during the war. The damaged building on Sunday was not near the fleet’s headquarters, in downtown Manama.

Bahrain’s Foreign Ministry denounced what it called “a dangerous escalation that reveals that what Tehran is doing is not a passing act, nor an isolated incident, but rather a deliberate approach and a systematic pattern of repeated aggression.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard claimed responsibility for both attacks. The latest U.S. strikes came after the U.S. and Iran traded attacks earlier in the weekend.

The U.S. military’s Central Command said that it struck Iranian military “surveillance infrastructure, communication systems, air defense sites, drone storage facilities and minelayer capabilities” today, following an attack on a ship at sea early Saturday morning. That ship, the Panamanian-flagged tanker Kiku, carried crude oil for the state-run energy company of Qatar, a key mediator between Iran and the U.S.

In a social media post, President Donald Trump said the U.S. had “struck Iranian missile and drone storage locations, and coastal radar sites, for violating the Cease Fire Agreement, AGAIN!” He warned of a point where the U.S. may no longer be able to be reasonable “and will be forced to militarily complete the job.” “If that happens, the Islamic Republic of Iran will no longer exist!” Trump wrote on Truth Social.

Trump Rebuffs Putin’s Offer To Aid Israel-Iran Conflict Mediation
US President, Donald Trump.

The incident follows a similar back-and-forth that occurred just days prior, when an Iranian drone struck a merchant vessel off the coast of Oman on Thursday, and the U.S. military retaliated with strikes.

Efforts to reopen the Strait of Hormuz without Iran’s direct oversight sparked the crossfire now gripping the region and have imperiled negotiations for a lasting ceasefire.

ADVERTISEMENT

A multinational maritime body overseen by the U.S. Navy said Saturday that it would expand a route near Oman for both inbound and outbound traffic, setting up a new flashpoint with Tehran.

The global community has long considered the strait an international passageway, despite its sitting in Iran and Oman’s territorial waters. In recent days, Iran has twice attacked vessels going through a route on the Omani side of the strait backed by a United Nations agency.

Iran Insists On Governing Strait Of Hormuz

Iran insists that it alone must govern the strait, the narrow mouth of the Persian Gulf that once carried a fifth of the world’s oil and natural gas. Iranian Foreign Minister, Abbas Araghchi reiterated the claim during a state visit to Iraq today.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Any interference in this matter, any attempt to establish new or separate arrangements from those currently being carried out by the Islamic Republic of Iran, will only lead to further complications, delay the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz, and increase the level of tension, just as over the past two nights we witnessed incidents in the Strait of Hormuz that led to an increase in tension and confrontation.”

Abbas Araghchi
Israeli Attacks on Iran persist For Third Day
Iranian Foreign Minister, Abbas Araghchi.

The United States and Iran are still debating the terms of an interim peace deal, including shipping arrangements through the strait, removing a U.S. blockade and sanctions and addressing the future of Iran’s stockpile of highly enriched uranium. Under the memorandum of understanding signed earlier this month, the U.S. and Iran have 60 days to iron out the details.The strikes threaten to torpedo the deal before it can be finalized.

Continued fighting in Lebanon, where an Israeli soldier was killed by Hezbollah fire early Sunday, has also threatened the agreement.

Iran has consistently said the ceasefire must include a halt to fighting in Lebanon, where Israel has been battling the Iranian-backed Hezbollah militant group. Days after the U.S. and Israel launched the war against Iran in February, Hezbollah began firing at Israel in solidarity with its Iranian allies. Israel responded with an invasion that has occupied large swaths of southern Lebanon and displaced hundreds of thousands of people. Israel has said it will not withdraw its troops until Hezbollah is disarmed.

Last week, Israel and the Lebanese government signed a framework agreement to end the conflict. But their deal did not include Hezbollah or Iran. Hezbollah has criticized the deal and rejected calls to disarm. Araghchi again said during a visit to Iraq that the U.S. must force Israel to halt attacks and withdraw.

READ ALSO: Chamber of Mines Demands Allocation of 30% of Mineral Royalties to Mining Communities

ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: BahrainIranKuwaitUS-Iran MoU
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

Fuel Price Competition Raises Sustainability Concerns

Next Post

BoG Highlights Secret Behind Ghana’s Economic Recovery

Related Posts

Kim Yo Jong, sister of North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un.
Asia

North Korea Dismisses US-South Korea Drill Cutbacks

August 19, 2026
AFP 20260412 A7HV7G4 v4 HighRes TopshotIranUsIsraelWarTalks 1776588900
Asia

UAE Suspends Trade With Iran

August 19, 2026
Majed al-Ansari, spokesperson for Qatar’s foreign ministry.
Asia

Qatar Links Hormuz Agreement to Renewed US-Iran Negotiations

August 18, 2026
1001082663
Asia

Assad Cousin Sentenced To Death In Syria

August 18, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent News

Power outage

Power Outage Again Tests Ghana’s Grid Reliability

August 20, 2026
Nigeria’s Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)

Nigeria’s Presidential, Governorship Candidates Face ₦571bn Spending Cap

August 20, 2026
Energy spending

Energy Spending Faces Tighter 2027 Budget Scrutiny

August 20, 2026
Frederick Opoku, Acting Rent Commissioner

Hostels Running Like Hotels In Ghana — Rent Control Commissioner

August 20, 2026
MIIF CEO with Lands Minister

Ghana’s Minerals Must Do More Than Be Extracted – MIIF

August 20, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
BoG Targets Dollar Crunch with $1bn FX Auctions As Cedi Faces Renewed Pressure

BoG Highlights Secret Behind Ghana's Economic Recovery

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.