A construction company in Koforidua is looking to employ a quantity surveyor with an experience with several projects over $ 20+ million budget controls.
You will estimate the costs of our construction projects, tender and award process of subcontracts, and placement of materials orders. You will be based on-site, following up on the site progress with the team, and subcontractors, elaborating progress reports, and interim monthly valuations to subcontractors and Clients. You must have strong organisational and communication skills in order to manage and direct development plans, and experience in large and complex building projects such as hospitals. You must know the local market and the suppliers.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Review design plans and prepare quantity needs.
- Estimate the quantity and costs of works and materials.
- Prepare contracts and documents.
- Set budgets for payments, inventory needs, and materials.
- Track changes in plans or constructions; update budgets.
- Negotiate with contractors and subcontractors.
- Keep track of construction materials and inventory.
- Prepare payments for contractors and subcontractors.
- Document progress, materials, and reports on the project.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with contractors and subcontractors.
- Utilise software to calculate, record, and track inventory and estimates.
Requirements And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying, construction engineering, management, or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of general construction estimating experience, on building projects.
- Previous experience working as a General Contractor, on large building projects, will be valued.
- Highly Proficient in computer skills such as Microsoft Office tools and Autocad; Previous experience in BIM will be valued.
- Able to analyse financial records and apply data to improve results.
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and cost reports.
- Experienced at compiling and following with rigour the approved budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills
- In-depth understanding of construction technologies, materials, pricing, on building projects.
- Constantly monitor performance and seek improvement of processes.
- Good knowledge of Rules of Measurement such as RICS NRM2 or similar.
7.0000-9.000 GHS net.
How To Apply
As a professional, we expect you to properly follow these instructions please:
- Apply only if you really qualify. You must have 8+ years of hands-on experience in the building and construction industry and have worked with several US$205+ million projects.
- Give us a brief indication of the projects and budgets that you have been involved with. Your CV should have accomplishments and not a mere list of tasks/duties per role.
- Send your highly customized 2-4 page CV (longer CVs will be rejected since they do not reflect an ability to communicate with brief focused clear sentences). The CV must be in Word (so NO PDF files please) to CV@HIREgh .com with the appropriate heading: ‘Koforidua QS’ in your email’s subject/ Title line.
- Use Arial font No 10 for all of your CV and Arial font No 12 and capitals for your headings, please.
- Also, please indicate the earliest time you can start working.
- Once again: DO NOT SEND a CV that is 4 pages long nor a CV in PDF format or as GoogleDoc – Their ATS is set to ignore CVs longer than 3 pages.
- Please: No Google Docs either – we do not have permission to open them and getting one from you is too complex.
Please do not forget to share.