• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in Extractives/Energy

Former Committee On Illegal Mining was a failure- Inusah Fuseini

Maynard Championby Maynard Champion
April 15, 2021
Reading Time: 3 mins read
Add as Preferred on Google
Former Committee On Illegal Mining was a failure- Inusah Fuseini

Former Tamale Central MP and a private legal practitioner, Inusah Fuseini

The former Lands and Natural Resources Minister, Inusah Fuseini has described the Inter-Ministerial Committee on Illegal Mining (IMCIM) under the first tenure of the Akufo-Addo administration as a failure.

Speaking in an interview on the fight against “galamsey”, he said due to the failure of the committee,;a new platform has been created to tackle the issue at hand.

“The interministerial committee was a total failure. The chairman of the committee was not even invited to share his expertise at the forum which is ongoing. The President knowing it was a failure does not want to be associated with it; that’s why a new platform is being created to deal with the situation.”

Inusah Fuseini

His comments come on the back of the two-day National Consultative Dialogue on small-scale mining; which seeks to tackle issues related to mining in the country.

The former minister also said the use of military men in warding off the illegal miners;from the various sites is not “the use of the military isn’t ‘the be-all and end-all’ because they are human beings and can be compromised.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, the President of the Ghana Journalist Association (GJA), Affail Monney, also stated that,;the ongoing National Consultative Forum on small scale Mining in Accra is an indication that;the momentum in fighting the social canker previously failed.

“The fight against “galamsey” is achievable given what we saw in the past. The dialogue is an open admission that we were doing well but we failed at that moment. So, there’s the need to be more tenacious.”

Affail Monney
gja presdo 2
President of the Ghana Journalist Association (GJA), Affail Monney
Restore campaign against illegal mining

The President of Association further emphasized the need to restore the heightened campaign against illegal mining, also known as “galamsey”.

He spoke as a stakeholder since GJA is part of a media coalition against “galamsey”;established at the peak of the “galamsey” fight, after President Akufo-Addo placed a temporal ban on small-scale mining.

Speaking on the programme so far, the Lands and Resource Minister, Samuel Jinapor assured the public that;the fight against illegal mining was going to be successful. He also said various measures will be put in place for the various small-scale-miners;in order to help remove the illegal aspect of the activity from the sector. Read more: https://bit.ly/2Qv5CpL

The President, Nana Akufo-Addo also speaking at the opening of the national dialogue said;he was determined to enforce the law and punitive measures on faulters on illegal mining matters. He also asked all the stakeholders involved to be bi-partisan in the fight against “galamsey”.  Read more: https://bit.ly/3wSgaAh

ADVERTISEMENT

The National Consultative Dialogue on Small Scale Mining,;which ends today, April 15, 2021,;is expected to come out with a communiqué on the solution to the illegal mining menace.

The forum which focused on challenges facing the small-scale mining sector has had inputs from key mining experts,;the Small-Scale Mining Association, the Coalition of Civil Society Against Illegal Small-Scale Mining amongst other stakeholders.

Read Also: New partnership to protect and restore forests in cocoa growing areas
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: GalamseyGJAIllegal miningInter-Ministerial Committee on Illegal Mining (IMCIM)Mining CommitteeMinistry of Lands and Natural Resources
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

US imposes new sanctions on Russia, expels diplomats

Next Post

Crude oil prices highest since January 2020, shores up to $64.56/b in March 2021- OPEC

Related Posts

GNPC Chief Executive Kwame Ntow Amoah
Extractives/Energy

GNPC Repositions For Operatorship As Ghana Seeks Greater Petroleum Value

August 22, 2026
Hon. Emmanuel Armah-Kofi Buah with the newly inaugurated committee
Extractives/Energy

Government Advances Steps to Restore VALCO’s Full Capacity

August 22, 2026
Mr Mark Prempeh, Director of Petroleum, Ministry of Energy and Green Transition
Extractives/Energy

Government Pushes GNPC Toward A More Commercial Future

August 21, 2026
Photo from PIAC's 15th anniversary launch
Extractives/Energy

GIZ Urges Ghana To Turn Petroleum Accountability Into Development

August 21, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent News

Strong Domestic Demand Could Defy Fitch Forecasts

Strong Domestic Demand Could Defy Fitch Forecasts

August 22, 2026
Director General of the Ghana AIDS Commission, Dr. Prosper Kharmacelle Akanbong,

GAC Sets HIV/AIDS Targets, Calls for End to Stigma

August 22, 2026
GNPC Chief Executive Kwame Ntow Amoah

GNPC Repositions For Operatorship As Ghana Seeks Greater Petroleum Value

August 22, 2026
17874081583798664285622123311822

Hull City Secure First Premier League Win Over Manchester United on Top-flight Return

August 22, 2026
Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Gold Board (Goldbod), Sammy Gyamfi

Sammy Gyamfi: Vanderpuye Apologised, “It Ends There”, Calls off Attacks

August 22, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
crude oil

Crude oil prices highest since January 2020, shores up to $64.56/b in March 2021- OPEC

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.