• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Friday, August 21, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in Entertainment, Sub Top Stories, Sub Top Stories2

Netflix Cuts 300 Jobs After Losing Subscribers

Maynard Championby Maynard Champion
June 24, 2022
Reading Time: 3 mins read
Add as Preferred on Google
Netflix reported billion-dollar profits and booming subscriber growth on Tuesday that beat forecasts as global hits like Squid Game drew viewers in droves.

Still pictures of Sqid Game

Netflix has announced another round of job cuts as it grapples with slowing growth and increased competition.

The streaming giant said it was cutting 300 more jobs, roughly 4% of its workforce, mostly in the US, after axing 150 people in May.

The moves come after the company reported its first subscriber loss in more than a decade in April. The firm is exploring an ad-supported service and cracking down on password sharing as it tries to boost growth.

“While we continue to invest significantly in the business, we made these adjustments so that our costs are growing in line with our slower revenue growth,” Netflix said in a statement, adding that it was continuing to hire in other areas.

ADVERTISEMENT

While Netflix has 220 million subscribers globally and remains the clear leader in the streaming market, it has faced fierce competition in recent years with the launch of rival platforms such as Disney Plus and Amazon’s Prime Video.

The company also recently embarked on a series of price increases in the US, UK, and elsewhere, which have contributed to its subscriber losses.

The firm has said it expects its subscriber count to fall by another two million in the three months to July, after dropping by 200,000 earlier this year.

Surveys by Kantar research firm consistently identify saving money as the number one reason for canceling streaming services, even in the US, where overall streaming subscriptions have held steady, unlike the UK.

62b49a039f5e550019aa5409?width=1136&format=jpeg
An image of a Netflix office

Ted Sarandos, the company’s Co-Chief Executive, told an audience at a conference in Cannes that Netflix was in talks with many companies as it explores new advertising partnerships to appeal to price-sensitive audiences.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We’re not adding ads to Netflix as you know it today. We’re adding an ad tier for folks who say ‘Hey, I want a lower price and I’ll watch ads’,” Mr. Sarandos said at Cannes Lions.

The job cuts at Netflix come amid rising worries in the US that the labor market boom the country has enjoyed since the pandemic is coming to an end.

Signs of a slowdown are particularly evident in the tech sector, where start-ups have cut nearly 27,000 workers since May, roughly double the number recorded in all of 2021, according to layoffs.fyi, which tracks publicly announced redundancies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Firms in the housing sector have also announced hundreds of cuts in recent weeks, according to reports.

The head of America’s central bank told members of Congress this week that its efforts to bring down rapidly rising prices by raising interest rates risk triggering a sustained economic slowdown, but were worth it to restore price stability.

“We’re not trying to provoke, and don’t think we will need to provoke a recession,” Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said. However, he conceded in response to questioning, that it’s “certainly a possibility”.

Read also:   Clement Apaak Indicates Government Isn’t Aware Of Students Abroad Being Stranded

ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: entertainmentGhana NewsJobslay offNetflixSubscribersworkers
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

E-Levy: Attrition Rate Could Be Higher Than Official 24% Target, IMANI Survey

Next Post

US Senate Passes First gun Control Bill in Decades

Related Posts

Ghana’s FDI Jumps From US651.7m to US2.6bn
Economy

Ghana’s FDI Jumps From US651.7m to US2.6bn

August 21, 2026
Minority Caucus Addressing the media
Extractives/Energy

Minority Files Motion to Probe DGPP Losses

August 21, 2026
Ghana Slashes Debt Burden with Belgium Restructuring Deal
Economy

Ghana Slashes Debt Burden with Belgium Restructuring Deal

August 21, 2026
IMG 6928
Entertainment

King Promise To Perform At Medeama CAF Champions League Match

August 21, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent News

Mr Mark Prempeh, Director of Petroleum, Ministry of Energy and Green Transition

Government Pushes GNPC Toward A More Commercial Future

August 21, 2026
Photo from PIAC's 15th anniversary launch

GIZ Urges Ghana To Turn Petroleum Accountability Into Development

August 21, 2026
Kai Harvetz celebrate after scoring against Coventry City at the Emirates Stadium

Arsenal Begin PL Title Defence With Resounding Victory Over Coventry

August 21, 2026
From the left, Mr Patrick Stephenson, Country Director for Ghana, NRGI, the moderator, and the panelists for the engagement, from the left: Mr Michael Aryeetey, Deputy CEO, Exploration&Production, GNPC, Mr Benjamin Boakye, Executive Director, ACEP, Mr Agyemang, Technical Director, PIAC and Dr Steve Manteaw, Co-Chair of GHEITI

GNPC Faces Governance Test As Energy Transition Accelerates

August 21, 2026
From the left: Mr Michael Aryeetey, Deputy CEO, Exploration&Production, GNPC, Mr Mark Prempeh, Director of Petroleum, Ministry of Energy and Green Transition, Mr Kwame Ntow Amoah, CEO, GNPC, Nafi Quarshie, Africa Director, NRGI, Mr Benjamin Boakye, Executive Director, ACEP, Mr Abrokwah, GNPC and Mr Patrick Stephenson, Country Manager for Ghana, NRGI

NRGI, GNPC Convene Dialogue On Future Of Ghana’s National Oil Company

August 21, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
Activists

US Senate Passes First gun Control Bill in Decades

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.