• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in USA

Nancy Pelosi’s Husband Recovering From Surgery After Hammer Attack

M.Cby M.C
October 29, 2022
Reading Time: 3 mins read
Paul Pelosi, the husband of US House of Representatives, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, is recovering from surgery after being attacked at home by a hammer-wielding intruder.

Nancy Pelosi and Husband, Paul Pelosi (file photo).

Paul Pelosi, the husband of US House of Representatives, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, is recovering from surgery after being attacked at home by a hammer-wielding intruder.

Mr Pelosi, 82, was left with a fractured skull and serious injuries to his right arm and hands. President Joe Biden saw the attack as political and called it “despicable”.

A 42-year-old man has been arrested on charges including attempted homicide. No motive is known. The suspect is said to have demanded to see Mrs Pelosi after breaking into the San Francisco home.

Mrs Pelosi, who was on the other side of the country in Washington DC at the time of the assault, flew back to see her husband in hospital.

ADVERTISEMENT

A spokesman for the senior Democrat said Mr Pelosi had been attacked in the early hours of Friday morning “by an assailant who acted with force, and threatened his life while demanding to see the Speaker”.

He was admitted to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital for an operation and doctors expect a full recovery, said Mrs Pelosi’s spokesman, Drew Hammill. In a news conference, San Francisco Police Chief, William Scott, revealed that officers had responded to a call at around 02:27 local time (09:27 GMT) on Friday.

They found Mr Pelosi and the suspect named by police as David DePape, struggling over a hammer, but it was wrested from Mr Pelosi by the intruder, who violently assaulted him with it. Mr Pelosi was bludgeoned at least once, said police.

The suspect was tackled and disarmed by officers. He had attempted to tie up Mr Pelosi “until Nancy got home”, law enforcement indicated. He reportedly shouted “where’s Nancy?” during the incident.

Chief Scott has noted that the suspect is also facing charges of assault with a deadly weapon, burglary and several other felonies. He said the suspect had gained access through a rear entryway to the four-bedroom Pelosi home in the upmarket neighbourhood of Pacific Heights. Footage shows a smashed glass door at the property.

Chief Scott stated that the alleged intruder was currently in hospital, though he declined to share details about his medical condition.

Nancy Pelosi’s home invaded by intruder

At the start of the break-in, Mr Pelosi told the intruder he needed to use the bathroom then made a secret 911 call on his mobile phone and left the line open, allowing a dispatcher to hear him talking to the suspect, reports the Los Angeles Times.

Chief Scott confirmed it was Mr Pelosi who had called police and that a quick-thinking emergency dispatcher had been “able to read between the lines” and send officers.

“This was not a random act. This was intentional. Everybody should be disgusted by what happened this morning.”

Chief Scott

Speaking at a campaign rally in Philadelphia, President Biden said political violence had “no place” in the US, and “enough is enough”.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Every person of good conscience needs to clearly and unambiguously stand up against the violence in our politics.”

Joe Biden

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said he was “horrified and disgusted” by the attack.

READ ALSO: Rihanna Releases First Solo Song In Six Years

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: Hammer AttackNancy PelosiPaul PelosiPresident Joe BidenWashington DC
Share1Tweet1ShareSendSend
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

Elon Musk Completes 44 billion Deal to Own Twitter, Fires Top Executives

Next Post

Cocoa Farm Gate Prices In US$ Terms Drop Amid Cedi Depreciation – ICCO  

Related Posts

Trump Rebuffs Putin’s Offer To Aid Israel-Iran Conflict Mediation
USA

Officers Sue Over $1.8bn Settlement Fund

May 20, 2026
US President, Donald Trump.
USA

Trump Defends Iran War As Popular

May 19, 2026
gettyimages 2277109829
USA

Acting Attorney General Defends Settlement Fund For Trump Allies

May 19, 2026
Trump Tax Bill To Widen Deficits By $2.8T After Factoring In Economic Impacts
USA

US Issues Temporary License for Russian Oil

May 18, 2026

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Recent News

Nene Raymond Abayateye II, Chairman of the Greater Accra Regional Canoe Fishermen Association

Artisanal Fishers Welcome Exemption From Closed Season

May 20, 2026
Attorney General and Minister for Justice, Dr. Dominic Akuritinga Ayine

ORAL Not Failing, AG Says Ongoing Prosecution Will Succeed

May 20, 2026
Group CEO & President of MTN Signals Shift from USSD to Smartphone-Driven Financial Services

Group CEO &  President of MTN Signals Shift from USSD to Smartphone-Driven Financial Services

May 20, 2026
Dr. Ransford Abbey, COCOBOD CEO

GNACOFA Accuses COCOBOD Of Private Cocoa Trade 

May 20, 2026
Trump Rebuffs Putin’s Offer To Aid Israel-Iran Conflict Mediation

Officers Sue Over $1.8bn Settlement Fund

May 20, 2026
Next Post
Cocoa Farm Gate Prices In US$ Terms Drop Amid Cedi Depreciation - ICCO

Cocoa Farm Gate Prices In US$ Terms Drop Amid Cedi Depreciation - ICCO  

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover the Details behind the story

Get an in-depth analysis of the news from our top editors

Enter your email address