• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in Asia

U.S; Only Country To Prevent Rafah Invasion

Comfort Ampomaaby Comfort Ampomaa
April 28, 2024
Reading Time: 4 mins read
Add as Preferred on Google
Mahmoud Abbas, Palestinian President.

Mahmoud Abbas, Palestinian President.

Palestinian Authority President, Mahmoud Abbas has asserted that only the United States could stop Israel from attacking the border city of Rafah in Gaza.

“We call on the United States of America to ask Israel to not carry on the Rafah attack,” Abbas stated at a special meeting of the World Economic Forum in the Saudi capital Riyadh on Sunday, April 28, 2024.

“America is the only country able to prevent Israel from committing this crime,” Abbas emphasized.

Israel, which has threatened for weeks to launch an all-out assault on the city, saying its goal is to destroy Hamas’s remaining battalions there, stepped up air attacks on Rafah last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Early on Sunday, Gaza’s Health Ministry disclosed that Israel’s war on Gaza has killed at least 34,454 Palestinians since last October.

Western countries, including Israel’s closest ally the US, have pleaded with it to hold back from attacking the southern city, which abuts the Egyptian border and is sheltering more than a million Palestinians who fled Israel’s seven-month-long assault on much of the rest of Gaza.

Abbas said that even a “small strike” on Rafah would force the Palestinian population to flee Gaza.

“The biggest catastrophe in the Palestinian people’s history would then happen,” he said.

Abbas reiterated that he rejects the displacement of Palestinians into Jordan and Egypt, saying that he is concerned that once Israel completes its operations in Gaza, it will then attempt to force the Palestinian population out of the occupied West Bank and into Jordan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Netanyahu Urged Not To Withdraw From Rafah Invasion

5421
Israeli Finance Minister, Bezalel Smotrich.

Meanwhile, Far-right Finance Minister, Bezalel Smotrich urged Netanyahu not to back down from an assault on Rafah.

He said that agreeing to Egypt’s ceasefire proposal would constitute a humiliating defeat to Hamas.

The ceasefire deal is currently being reviewed by Hamas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Smotrich said in a video statement addressed to Netanyahu that without eradicating the governing entity in Gaza, “A government headed by you will have no right to exist.”

He asserted that agreement to the truce deal would represent the “death penalty for the hostages and immediate existential danger to the state of Israel.”

Far-right National Security Minister, Itamar Ben-Gvir also said that if a ceasefire deal is approved, it will lead to the dissolution of the Benjamin Netanyahu-led government.

AP23270595255852 1700590116
Itamar Ben-Gvir, National Security Minister of Israel.

On X, Ben-Gvir wrote a “reminder” to a previous post he made in January, saying, “Reckless deal = dismantling of the government.”

Contradicting the comments of Smotrich and Ben-Gvir, Israeli war cabinet minister, Benny Gantz opined that if the government rejects a deal to release captives in Gaza, it will “have no right to continue to exist.”

“Entering Rafah is important in the long struggle against Hamas. The return of our abductees, abandoned by the 7.10 government, is urgent and of far greater importance,” Gantz noted on X.

3500
Israeli war cabinet member, Benny Gantz.

“If a responsible outline is reached for the return of the abductees with the backing of the entire security system, which does not involve the end of the war, and the Ministers who led the government on 7.10 prevent it – the government will not have the right to continue to exist and lead the campaign.”

Benny Gantz

The leader of the opposition, Yair Lapid also added his take on the deal.

“This government has to choose: return the abductees alive, or [Itamar] Ben Gvir and [Bezalel] Smotrich, relations with the Americans or Ben Gvir and Smotrich, the Saudi deal or Ben Gvir and Smotrich, Israel’s security or Ben Gvir and Smotrich,” Lapid wrote on X.

READ ALSO:  The EU To Fast-Track Financial Aid To Egypt

ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

CISA Urges New Counterterrorism Laws to Address Youth Extremism

Next Post

Education Investment to Harness Africa’s Population Boom for Economic Growth

Related Posts

Majed al-Ansari, spokesperson for Qatar’s foreign ministry.
Asia

Qatar Links Hormuz Agreement to Renewed US-Iran Negotiations

August 18, 2026
1001082663
Asia

Assad Cousin Sentenced To Death In Syria

August 18, 2026
Lee Jae-myung of the Democratic Party.
Asia

South Korea Reaffirms US Alliance Amid Drill Uncertainty

August 18, 2026
Iran To Respond 'Without Restraint' To Israeli Strikes
Asia

US-Iran MoU Expires Amid Stalled Peace Talks

August 17, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent News

BoG Launches Powerful Council for Non-Interest Finance

BoG Launches Powerful Council for Non-Interest Finance

August 18, 2026
The Minority Caucus

Minority Calls For Parliamentary Probe Into GoldBod Dealings

August 18, 2026
Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Gold Board (Goldbod), Sammy Gyamfi

Goldbod Unveils ASM Formalisation Drive, Speed Boats to Fight Galamsey

August 18, 2026
Boakye Agyarko

NPP Shall Rise Again, Agyarko Declares 2028 Victory

August 18, 2026
large card organization.jpg

Judges Clear Way for Deportations of African TPS Holders

August 18, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
27 1 youth opp 3

Education Investment to Harness Africa’s Population Boom for Economic Growth

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.