• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in Health

Ghana’s COVID Fight Satisfactory, A Year On- Aseidu Bekoe

M.Cby M.C
March 11, 2021
Reading Time: 3 mins read
COVID-19 case surge maybe due Delta variant- Dr. Aseidu-Bekoe

Director of Public Health at the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr. Franklin Asiedu-Bekoe

The Director of Public Health at the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr. Franklin Asiedu-Bekoe says the country’s fight against COVID-19 has been satisfactory, a year after its outbreak.

He said the fight has been satisfactory because, Ghana has depended on a structured and well-coordinated system in dealing with the pandemic making its fight a controlled one.

Speaking in an interview, Dr. Bekoe said although there has been challenges, the country is getting back on track. The Public Health Director said Ghana’s COVID Task Force has been working along key thematic areas and these have contributed to the country’s success story.

GHS Director On COVID-19 Fight

Also speaking on Ghana’s fight so far, a year after the outbreak of the pandemic in the country, the Director General of the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr. Patrick Kuma Aboagye, said the country has tried its best to mitigate the impact of the spread of the virus in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
Ghana’s COVID Fight Satisfactory, A Year On- Aseidu Bekoe
Dr. Patrick Kumah Aboagye, Director General GHS

The Director General attributed the fight so far to the sectors ability to respond and also efforts by the government and the public.

“There has been a lot of activities in between and I think our ability to respond, both from the side of government, from the people and also from other partners to ensure that we are able to weather the storm by preventing the importation of the cases, making sure that we are able to test treat and contain the virus.”

Patrick Kumah Aboagye

Moreover, he said his outfit was also making sure they had domestic capacity to treat and respond to the pandemic. He stated that, they realized that every country was finding ways. So, his outfit and the government also had to look within to see how the country could produce its own PPEs amongst others.

Beginning Of COVID And Measures Put In Place

Detailing the evolvement of the pandemic, Dr. Kuma Aboagye indicated that, the country since the beginning of the virus has had three surges. Notable among activities to mitigate the spread he averred are, contact tracing, testing and case management.

“The battle started somewhere in January, when the Yuhan one was discovered in 2019. So, we started our preparation and surveillance and on the 12th of March we found out that we had recorded our first two cases.

“It has since then been a matter of contact tracing, testing and case management. We went on to have a little surge more like a wave in June, July, August 2020. A massive wave with a large amount of cases across the country mostly in Accra and Kumasi. There was another surge in November 2020 and then the from December to the Beginning of the year.”

Patrick Kumah Aboagye
COVID-19 Case Update

According to an update by the GHS, at least nine more persons have died from the virus pushing Ghana’s death toll to 656.

The country’s active cases now stand at 4,728 after 272 new cases were confirmed. The report indicates that, the country’s total confirmed cases has increased to 86, 737 out of which 81, 299 have recovered.

So far, 66 persons are in severe condition while 25 remain critical, according to GHS. Cases detected at the Kotoka International Airport are 1,251 with 1,122 recoveries.

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: covidCOVID-19Ghana Health ServiceMinistry of HealthPublic HealthVaccine
Share1Tweet1ShareSendSend
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

GREDA calls for tax rebates ahead of budget presentation

Next Post

Agric Ministry to recruit 2700 additional Extension Officers

Related Posts

President John Dramani Mahama speaking at the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneva, Switzerland
General News

Mahama Unveils Ghana’s ₵3bn Health Boost At Geneva Assembly

May 18, 2026
Ministry of Health
General News

Ghana Strengthens Emergency Health Systems Following Ebola Outbreak In Africa

May 18, 2026
Chief Executive of the NHIA, Dr. Victor Asare Bampoe
General News

NHIA Pays Over GHC157 Million in Claims

May 15, 2026
President John Dramani Mahama
General News

Mahama Targets Six Regional Hospitals by 2028 as First Three Take Off

May 14, 2026

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Recent News

Minister for Sports and Recreation, Hon. Kofi Adams

Sports Minister Dismisses South African Athlete’s Food Complaints During Athletics Championship

May 19, 2026
Keir Starmer and Andy Burnham

Downing Street Accused of Trying to Block Burnham’s Return

May 19, 2026
Neymar Jr has scored 79 goals for the Seleçao of Brazil making him the team's all time top scorer

Neymar Returns to Brazil’s Final Squad for 2026 World Cup

May 18, 2026
Dr. Andy Osei Okrah, TCDA CEO

TCDA Mandates Compulsory Licensing For Sector Actors, Sets Deadline

May 18, 2026
Minister of State in charge of Government Communications, Felix Kwakye Ofosu

Kwakye Ofosu Blasts GBA Over Silence on Afenyo’s Judge Attack

May 18, 2026
Next Post
Dr. Owusu Afriyie Akoto, The Agric Minister

Agric Ministry to recruit 2700 additional Extension Officers

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover the Details behind the story

Get an in-depth analysis of the news from our top editors

Enter your email address