• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, May 24, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in Asia

Blame Game Detrimental To Gaza Ceasefire Prospects

Comfort Ampomaaby Comfort Ampomaa
June 14, 2024
Reading Time: 3 mins read
A picture shows a view of a devastated neighbourhood in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip.

A picture shows a view of a devastated neighbourhood in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip.

A blame game has ensued in the U.S-proposed Gaza ceasefire conversation.

U.S Secretary of State, Antony Blinken has blamed Hamas for the ceasefire deadlock in Gaza, stating that Israel had already accepted the U.S proposal.

State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller stated that the US is unsatisfied with Hamas’s response to a ceasefire proposal “because it took a long time and then included amendments that delayed reaching an agreement”.

However, Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has promised to continue the war until Hamas is destroyed, leaving the proposal in limbo and the blame game ongoing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Hamas won’t settle for less, and Israel can’t have it way either.

According to US-based defence think tanks, Institute for the Study of War (ISW) and the Critical Threats Project (CTP), Hamas’ recent ceasefire proposal amendments demonstrate that the Palestinian armed group is “confident that it is winning in the Gaza Strip.”

“Senior Hamas officials have repeatedly expressed confidence that Hamas will survive the war, despite Israeli military pressure,” the ISW/CTP say in their Gaza report.

“Hamas forces throughout the Gaza Strip remain combat effective and are trying to reconstitute. Hamas has also begun trying to reassert its political authority in some parts of the strip,” the war monitors added.

Isolation And Pariah Status Of Israel Growing

Israel has been officially added to a UN blacklist of countries that harm children.

Chris Gunness, the former spokesman for the UN agency for Palestinian refugees (UNRWA), said that the Israeli military’s inclusion on a UN “blacklist” of countries that harm children will increase the country’s isolation and further diminish its international standing.

“This is the ultimate list of shame that Israel has been put on because the killing of children breaks the ultimate taboo,” Gunness told a news agency.

“Some of the groups and countries on this list include Boko Haram, ISIS [ISIL], al-Qaeda, Russia, Myanmar. This puts Israel in a list of some of the most appalling regimes and groups in the world,” Gunness said.

He added, “Hamas and Islamic Jihad are also there, including, by the way, Israeli settlers for the things they are doing in the West Bank.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“Given the totality of what we are seeing in terms of accountability mechanisms: We’ve got the ICJ – the International Court of Justice – the International Criminal Court. We have reports coming up from the Human Rights Council. I think as things build up, so the isolation and pariah status of Israel will be continual, and continually reaffirmed.

“I think that will have consequences as people see the totality of what is going on.”

Chris Gunness

Additionally, Human Rights Watch Director of child rights, Jo Becker, said that UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres’s inclusion of Israel on the UN’s list of countries that commit “grave violations against children” in armed conflict was “fully justified.”

Becker stated that though the UN had already attributed 8,700 child casualties to Israel’s military between 2015 and 2022, “in 2023, the scale of the violations was apparently too large for the Secretary-General to ignore.”

She added, now the UN Security Council must “hold those responsible to account and make clear that children are off-limits in armed conflict.”

READ ALSO: Power Outages Resurface Amidst Gas Supply Reduction

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Share1Tweet1ShareSendSend
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

GFI Advised to Develop Practical Ways to Solve Industry Challenges

Next Post

Joe Mettle Says 2017 Award Opened Doors for Him

Related Posts

State Department Defends Decision To Revoke Chinese Student Visas
Asia

Rubio Lands In India Ahead Of Quad Meeting

May 23, 2026
State Department Defends Decision To Revoke Chinese Student Visas
Asia

Rubio Calls for ‘Plan B’ on Hormuz

May 22, 2026
download 65
Asia

Israel Deports Gaza Flotilla Activists Amid International Backlash

May 21, 2026
U Urges Israel To Abandon Move To Cancel Waiver On Cooperation With Palestinian Banks
Asia

Global Backlash Over Ben-Gvir’s Flotilla Activists’ Abuse Video Grows

May 21, 2026

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Recent News

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Tinubu Clinches APC Presidential Ticket for 2027 Election

May 24, 2026
Chris Brown, R&B Singer

Chris Brown Receives Honorary Doctorate in Visual and Performing Arts Excellence

May 24, 2026
NPA Boss, Edudzi Tamakloe

NPA Boss Highlights Emerging National Energy Security Concerns

May 24, 2026
President John Dramani Mahama

Mahama: Districts Seeing Faster Development Under 80% Common Fund Transfer Policy

May 24, 2026
Kay Codjoe Image 4

A Cyber Coup d’État? Part III: NITA Bill Not Yet Law, But the Tollbooth is Already Open

May 24, 2026
Next Post
Joe Mettle

Joe Mettle Says 2017 Award Opened Doors for Him

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover the Details behind the story

Get an in-depth analysis of the news from our top editors

Enter your email address