• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in General News

NDC Filing Motion, Is To Get SC To Hear Them- Lawyer

Maynard Championby Maynard Champion
January 26, 2021
Reading Time: 3 mins read
Add as Preferred on Google
Former President, John Dramani Mahama and his team of lawyers

Former President, John Dramani Mahama and his team of lawyers

Dr. Isidore Tuffuor, a Law Lecturer at the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), has said that, the NDC’s petition to the court to stay the motion is a way to get the court to hear them out.

Speaking in an interview, he averred that, the filings by the petitioner, is for the court to stay proceedings and tackle some of the initial motions filed by the petitioner.

“So, the petitioner is bent on getting the court to hear their interrogatives. So, technically, that is what they want to do. If you want to hear us, you have to consider the interrogatives in motion before you go ahead with the proceedings of the issues and then proceed with the trials.”

Touching on the motion filed by the lawyers of the former President, John Dramani Mahama, seeking for further amendment of earlier processes, he explained that, they were seeking to review a particular paragraph to add to the motion.

“Basically, they have sat down and realised that, one or two things will have to be added to be reviewed and that is what they are seeking to do now.”

judg 696x389 1
Lead counsel for NDC legal team, Lawyer Tsatsu Tsikata

Mr John Dramani Mahama, the Petitioner in the election 2020 case, has filed a motion on notice for leave in order to file additional grounds for review application of the dismissed interrogatories.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mr Mahama is further seeking leave to replace Paragraph 28 of the original statement of case and file supplement to his statement of case in the election petition case.

The paragraph 28 of the original statement of case stated that,

“On December 10, 2020, an unsigned Press Release of the first respondent (the Electoral Commission) claimed that it’s Chairperson, Mrs Jean Adukwei Mensa had inadvertently used the figures of 13, 433,573 for the total valid votes case is now 13, 119,460. Same is on the EC ‘s website as of 11:45 hours GMT on December 29, 2020”.


According to the Petitioner, the additional grounds “had an exceptional circumstance that support the application for review.”

The Petitioner has so far filed applications for stay of proceedings and motion for abridgement of time by the petitioner and the EC.

The petitioner also says, the Electoral Commission and President should not be prejudiced in any way if his application is granted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Commenting on this development, the spokesperson for the 1st respondent, [Nana Addo Dankwah Akufo-Addo] and the presidential legal team, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah averred that, this were efforts by the NDC legal team to further delay the process with regards to the petition hearing which is ongoing.

He took to his social media on twitter to comment on this.

“Ahead of tomorrow’s appearance in court, JM’s legal team has filed another application at 2:30 pm today seeking to further amend earlier processes. The effect is to occasion further delays in dealing with the 5 issues in the substantive matter. It’s very unfortunate.”

Read Also: SC Denies NDC’s Request To Serve Interrogatories To EC Chair

 

ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: Election petitionNDCsupreme court
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

Angry farmers drive thousands of tractors into New Delhi in huge protest

Next Post

Without SAATM, AfCFTA will be meaningless – Mr. Richard Kyereh

Related Posts

Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Gold Board (Goldbod), Sammy Gyamfi
General News

Goldbod Unveils ASM Formalisation Drive, Speed Boats to Fight Galamsey

August 18, 2026
Boakye Agyarko
General News

NPP Shall Rise Again, Agyarko Declares 2028 Victory

August 18, 2026
Deputy Director General for Technical Services at the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA), Dr. Eric Amoah
Education

NaCCA Clarifies Its Role in Curriculum, and Textbook Approval

August 18, 2026
NHIA Head Office in Accra
General News

NHIA Claims Share Drops from 71.5% in 2015 to 44.7% in 2024

August 18, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent News

BoG Launches Powerful Council for Non-Interest Finance

BoG Launches Powerful Council for Non-Interest Finance

August 18, 2026
The Minority Caucus

Minority Calls For Parliamentary Probe Into GoldBod Dealings

August 18, 2026
Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Gold Board (Goldbod), Sammy Gyamfi

Goldbod Unveils ASM Formalisation Drive, Speed Boats to Fight Galamsey

August 18, 2026
Boakye Agyarko

NPP Shall Rise Again, Agyarko Declares 2028 Victory

August 18, 2026
large card organization.jpg

Judges Clear Way for Deportations of African TPS Holders

August 18, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
Centre for Aviation Policy & Development's Director, Mr. Richard Kyereh.

Without SAATM, AfCFTA will be meaningless – Mr. Richard Kyereh

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.