• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Friday, August 21, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in USA

Trump’s Attempted Assassination Labelled A Failure On Multiple Levels

Comfort Ampomaaby Comfort Ampomaa
July 30, 2024
Reading Time: 4 mins read
Add as Preferred on Google
U.S. Secret Service Acting Director Ronald Rowe, testifies before a Joint Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and Senate Committee on the Judiciary hearing examining the security failures leading to the assassination attempt on Republican presidential candidate former President Donald Trump, Tuesday, July 30, 2024 in Washington.

U.S. Secret Service Acting Director Ronald Rowe, testifies before a Joint Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and Senate Committee on the Judiciary hearing examining the security failures leading to the assassination attempt on Republican presidential candidate former President Donald Trump, Tuesday, July 30, 2024 in Washington.

Acting U.S Secret Service Director, Ronald Rowe has told lawmakers that the attempted assassination of Donald Trump was a “failure on multiple levels.”

Appearing before a meeting of the Senate judiciary committee and homeland security and governmental affairs committee, Rowe said that he considered it indefensible that the roof used by the gunman was unsecured.

Investigators believe 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks fired eight shots in Trump’s direction from an AR-style rifle after scaling the roof of a building of some 135 meters (147 yards) from where Trump was speaking.

Rowe said that he had recently visited the site of the rally where Trump was shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

He told lawmakers, “I laid in a prone position to evaluate his line of sight. What I saw made me ashamed.”

“As a career law enforcement officer and a 25-year veteran with the Secret Service, I cannot defend why that roof was not better secured to prevent similar lapses from occurring in the future.”

Ronald Rowe

Rowe accepted blame for the Secret Service’s mistakes while also criticizing local law enforcement for not sharing information that a gunman had been spotted on a roof near the rally site in the minutes before the shooting, AP reported.

That information, Rowe said, had been kept “siloed” among the local officers on the scene.

“It is troubling to me that we did not get that information as quickly as we should have,” Rowe said.

He added, “We didn’t know that there was this incident going on.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The FBI’s Deputy Director, Paul Abbate, testified at the same hearing that investigators still have not nailed down Crooks’ definitive motive.

BB1qTMET
FBI Deputy Director Paul Abbate, right, and U.S. Secret Service Acting Director Ronald Rowe, left, testify before a Joint Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and Senate Committee on the Judiciary hearing examining the security failures leading to the assassination attempt on Republican presidential candidate former President Donald Trump, Tuesday, July 30, 2024, in Washington.

He said that a social media account believed to be associated with the gunman suspected in the assassination attempt espoused political violence and included antisemitic and anti-immigrant sentiment.

The posts were from the 2019 and 2020 timeframe, when Crooks would have been in high school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Moreover, Rowe told the lawmakers that he has implemented “corrective actions” to the Secret Service since stepping into the leadership role, including visiting the Butler rally site.

Cheatle never visited the site, a fact for which House Oversight members blasted her.

Rowe took over as acting Director after Kimberly Cheatle resigned from the position following her lackluster testimony before the House Oversight Committee.

Cheatle angered both Democrats and Republicans with her inability to share details of the shooting due to it being an “ongoing investigation.”

Graham Calls For “Someone” To Be Fired

Senate Judiciary Committee ranking member, Lindsey Graham expressed frustration with the fact that no one had been disciplined or removed from their position in the weeks after the shooting.

Graham said that if something like this happened in the military, “a lot of people would be fired. And if a lot of people are not fired, the system failed yet again.”

He asserted, “Somebody’s got to be fired. Nothing’s going to change until someone loses their job.”

Also, Sen. Josh Hawley, a Missouri Republican, stated, “Isn’t it the fact that the former President was shot, that a good American is dead, that other Americans were critically wounded — isn’t that enough mission failure for you to say to the person who decided that that building should not be the security perimeter, probably ought to be stepped down?”

Rowe responded that he has “lost sleep over this for the last 17 days” and that he would not be rushed “to judgment” by Congress.

Nonetheless, he assured lawmakers that “people will be held accountable.”

READ ALSO: NDC Refutes Claims of Government Funding for Achiase District Hospital

ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: Kimberly CheatleLindsey GrahamPaul AbbateRonald RoweThomas Matthew Crooks
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

Italy’s Promotional Institution CDP and AfDB to invest €400m In Africa’s Private Sector Growth

Next Post

AG’s Decision to Contest Court Verdict in Ambulance Trial Sparks Critiques

Related Posts

Trump Tax Bill To Widen Deficits By $2.8T After Factoring In Economic Impacts
USA

Trump Opens Door To Temporary Tariff-Free Beef Imports

August 21, 2026
shutterstock 2486799965 scaled e1740370844946
USA

US Approves Qatar Aircraft Sale

August 20, 2026
International Criminal Court as Hungary To Withdraw From ICC
USA

ICC Criticises US Sanctions On Court’s Top Officials

August 19, 2026
trump 1
USA

US Delays 50% Tariffs On Canadian Goods

August 19, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent News

Mr Mark Prempeh, Director of Petroleum, Ministry of Energy and Green Transition

Government Pushes GNPC Toward A More Commercial Future

August 21, 2026
Photo from PIAC's 15th anniversary launch

GIZ Urges Ghana To Turn Petroleum Accountability Into Development

August 21, 2026
Kai Harvetz celebrate after scoring against Coventry City at the Emirates Stadium

Arsenal Begin PL Title Defence With Resounding Victory Over Coventry

August 21, 2026
From the left, Mr Patrick Stephenson, Country Director for Ghana, NRGI, the moderator, and the panelists for the engagement, from the left: Mr Michael Aryeetey, Deputy CEO, Exploration&Production, GNPC, Mr Benjamin Boakye, Executive Director, ACEP, Mr Agyemang, Technical Director, PIAC and Dr Steve Manteaw, Co-Chair of GHEITI

GNPC Faces Governance Test As Energy Transition Accelerates

August 21, 2026
From the left: Mr Michael Aryeetey, Deputy CEO, Exploration&Production, GNPC, Mr Mark Prempeh, Director of Petroleum, Ministry of Energy and Green Transition, Mr Kwame Ntow Amoah, CEO, GNPC, Nafi Quarshie, Africa Director, NRGI, Mr Benjamin Boakye, Executive Director, ACEP, Mr Abrokwah, GNPC and Mr Patrick Stephenson, Country Manager for Ghana, NRGI

NRGI, GNPC Convene Dialogue On Future Of Ghana’s National Oil Company

August 21, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
Godfred Dame, Richard Jakpa and Dr Cassiel Ato Forson

AG’s Decision to Contest Court Verdict in Ambulance Trial Sparks Critiques

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.