• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in Asia

Israeli Army Releases Investigation Into October 7 Attack

Comfort Ampomaaby Comfort Ampomaa
February 27, 2025
Reading Time: 4 mins read
Add as Preferred on Google
Israeli Army Releases Investigation Into October 7 Attack

Israeli soldiers operate inside the Gaza Strip, in this handout picture released on Tuesday, November 7, 2023.

The Israeli army has released investigation into October 7 attack.

The internal Israeli army probe into Hamas’s October 7, 2023, attack acknowledged the military’s failure to prevent the assault, which killed hundreds of Israelis.

The military said in the summary of the report released to journalists that it failed to protect Israeli citizens.

It added that the Gaza Division was overrun in the early hours of the war, “as terrorists took control and carried out massacres in the communities and roads in the area.”

ADVERTISEMENT

According to an official who briefed reporters about the report’s contents, on condition of anonymity, “October 7 was a complete failure, the [military] failed in fulfilling its mission to protect Israeli civilians.” The official questioned, “Too many civilians died that day asking themselves in their hearts or out loud, where was the [Israeli military]?”

The key findings of the Israeli army’s probe into the failures that paved the way to the Hamas-led attack included that the military misread Hamas’s intentions, believing that the Palestinian group did not pose a significant threat and was not interested in a large-scale war with Israel.

It said that the army assumed that Israel’s high-tech border fence would have thwarted any threat.

It added that the Military Intelligence Directorate dismissed information showing Hamas intended to launch a wide-scale attack against Israel over several years as unrealistic.

The directorate assumed Hamas’s late leader Yahya Sinwar was not seeking a major escalation with Israel.

ADVERTISEMENT

The probe assessed that Hamas decided to launch the attack in April 2022. By September the same year, it was at 85 percent readiness and in May 2023, it decided to launch the attack on October 7.

On the eve of the attack, army’s top officials identified five signs of unusual activity but dismissed the threat of an imminent assault.

The perception that Hamas did not want war guided decision-makers away from taking action that might have thwarted the attack.

ADVERTISEMENT

Israeli Army Chief Takes Full Responsibility After October 7 Probe

General Herzi Halevi.
General Herzi Halevi.

Herzi Halevi, Israel’s army chief, who had already resigned last month citing the October 7 “failure” said that he takes full responsibility for failing to prevent the October 7, 2023.

This came after the findings of the internal military probe were released.

In a video statement released by the military, Halevi said, “The responsibility is mine.” He added, “I was the Commander of the army on October 7th, and I also bear the full responsibility for all of you.”

The findings could pressure Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to launch a widely demanded broader inquiry to examine the political decision-making that preceded the attack, which triggered the war in Gaza.

Benjamin Netanyahu, Prime Minister of Israel.
Benjamin Netanyahu, Prime Minister of Israel.

Many Israelis believe the mistakes of October 7 extend beyond the military, and they blame Netanyahu for what they view as a failed strategy of deterrence and containment in the years leading up to the attack.

That strategy included allowing Qatar to send money into Gaza and sidelining Hamas’s rival, the internationally recognised Palestinian Authority.

The Israeli Prime Minister has not taken responsibility, saying that he will answer tough questions only after the war, which has been paused for nearly six weeks by a tenuous ceasefire.

Despite public pressure, including from the families of the roughly 1,200 people killed in the October 7 attack and the 251 taken as captives into Gaza, Netanyahu has resisted calls for a commission of inquiry.

READ ALSO: Ghana Posts GH₵20.5 Billion Trade Surplus in Q4 2024 Despite Inflation Pressures

ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

Chamber of Mines Discusses Sector Challenges with Lands Minister 

Next Post

President Mahama Bemoans Health Sector Challenges but Vows Solutions

Related Posts

download 5
Asia

Indonesia Targets Fire Starters As Smoke Chokes Borneo

August 21, 2026
download 4
Asia

US-South Korea Drill Ends Early

August 21, 2026
ASEAN To Hold Three-Way Summit With GCC And China
Asia

Malaysia Condemns Israel’s E1 Settlement Plan

August 21, 2026
download 2
Asia

USS George Washington Arrives In Middle East

August 20, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent News

Strong Domestic Demand Could Defy Fitch Forecasts

Strong Domestic Demand Could Defy Fitch Forecasts

August 22, 2026
Director General of the Ghana AIDS Commission, Dr. Prosper Kharmacelle Akanbong,

GAC Sets HIV/AIDS Targets, Calls for End to Stigma

August 22, 2026
GNPC Chief Executive Kwame Ntow Amoah

GNPC Repositions For Operatorship As Ghana Seeks Greater Petroleum Value

August 22, 2026
17874081583798664285622123311822

Hull City Secure First Premier League Win Over Manchester United on Top-flight Return

August 22, 2026
Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Gold Board (Goldbod), Sammy Gyamfi

Sammy Gyamfi: Vanderpuye Apologised, “It Ends There”, Calls off Attacks

August 22, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
President John Dramani Mahamat

President Mahama Bemoans Health Sector Challenges but Vows Solutions

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.