• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Monday, August 17, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in Asia

Israel Claims To Have Killed Hamas Commander Mohammed Deif

Comfort Ampomaaby Comfort Ampomaa
August 1, 2024
Reading Time: 4 mins read
Add as Preferred on Google
file photo

file photo

Israeli military has claimed to have killed Hamas military Commander, Mohammed Deif in its air raid on Gaza’s Khan Younis on July 13, 2024.

The Israeli military carried out the attack in al-Mawasi targeting Mohammed Deif and senior Hamas member Rafi Salama.

The bomb and missile barrage was among the bloodiest of the war, killing more than 90 Palestinians and injuring more than 300 others, including children and paramedics, prompting a global outrage.

However, there was no confirmation at the time Deif was among them. Hamas said that he had evaded the assault.

ADVERTISEMENT

Now Israel’s military says it has intelligence confirmation that Deif was killed in the July 13 air strike.

“We can now confirm: Mohammed Deif was eliminated,” the Israeli military said today, Thursday, August 1, 2024.

Deif was one of the founders of Hamas’s military wing, the Qassam Brigades, in the 1990s and has led the force for more than 20 years.

He is said to be a key figure who planned suicide bombings leading to the deaths of dozens of Israelis.

He remained a mysterious, underground figure in Gaza.

ADVERTISEMENT

He never appeared in public, was hardly ever photographed and only rarely was his voice heard in audio statements.

He also survived a string of Israeli assassination attempts.

The Israeli military regarded him as being part of a three-man military council that planned the October 7 attacks on southern Israel

ADVERTISEMENT

Netanyahu’s government has promised to kill all three leaders, namely Yahya Sinwar, Hamas’s leader in Gaza; Deif; and Marwan Issa, his deputy, who was reported killed by Israel in March.

In a post on Telegram, Hamas member Izzat al-Rashq noted that there is no confirmation over the Israeli claim that it killed Deif last month.

“Confirming or denying the martyrdom of any of the Qassam leaders is a matter for the leadership of the Qassam Brigades and the leadership of the movement,” the post said.

It added, “Unless either of them announced, none of the news published in the media or by any other party can be confirmed.”

Deif’s Killing Deemed ‘Significant Milestone’ In Fight Against Hamas

2023 03 09T151423Z 240921884 RC2EQZ9IZSRM RTRMADP 3 ISRAEL USA WESTBANK PENTAGON
Israeli Defence Minister, Yoav Gallant.

Israeli Defense Minister, Yoav Gallant hailed the alleged killing of Mohammed Deif as “a significant milestone in the process of dismantling Hamas as a military and governing authority in Gaza.”

Gallant branded the Hamas Commander as “the Osama Bin Laden of Gaza.”

He claimed the July 13 military operation that killed dozens of civilians as it targeted Deif “reflects the fact that Hamas is disintegrating.”

“Hamas terrorists may either surrender or they will be eliminated. Israel’s defense establishment will pursue Hamas terrorists – both the planners and the perpetrators of the 07.10 massacre. We will not rest until this mission is accomplished.”

Additionally, Israeli far-right Finance Minister, Bezalel Smotrich has claimed the alleged killing of Hamas commander Mohammed Deif signifies that “the defeat of Hamas is closer than ever.”

5421
Israeli Finance Minister, Bezalel Smotrich.

“We must not stop a moment before victory!” he said on X, claiming Israel has killed “many thousands of terrorists including very senior ones”.

“We will continue like this until we destroy them all, restore security and return the kidnapped people home,” Smotrich added.

Israeli opposition leaders also welcomed the news.

The head of the Yisrael Beytenu party, Avigdor Liberman, congratulated the military for the “killing of the mass murderer Mohammed Deif” and said the strike was “evidence of our ability to face any threat.”

Yesh Atid party Chairman, Yair Lapid said the operation was an “unprecedentedly important military achievement.”

READ ALSO: Brussels Demands Full Brexit Compliance Before Relationship Reset with UK

ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: Bezalel SmotrichIsrael-Hamas warMohammed DeifQassam BrigadesYoav Gallant
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

Mahama’s Campaign Tour Kicks Off

Next Post

Pillars of Ghana Condemns Government’s Officials for Acquiring State Properties

Related Posts

Prabiwo Subianto
Asia

Indonesia’s Independence Day Overshadowed By Earthquake

August 17, 2026
download 2026 08 16T160858.813
Asia

Indonesia Earthquake Death Toll Rises to 53

August 16, 2026
download 2026 08 15T132347.766
Asia

At Least 38 Killed as 7.7-Magnitude Quake Strikes Indonesia

August 15, 2026
e9539c63 499e 464a 8a0c e1cbebf8ffdf.jpg 750x421 1
Asia

France Court Blocks Under-15 Social Media Ban

August 14, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent News

Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC)

GTEC Gives Senior Management Officials 48 Hours to Return to Work

August 17, 2026
Dome-Berekuso Road

People Dying Slowly On This Road — Dome Kyidomhene

August 17, 2026
A view of the Accra Sports Stadium pitch from the VIP section

14 Stadia Receive Approval Ahead of 2026-27 GPL Season

August 17, 2026
modern Minerals Commission District Office in Damang

Gov’t Opens Minerals Commission Office in Damang to Enhance Mining compliance

August 17, 2026
Mahama Reveals BoG Plans to Refresh Ghana’s Cedi

Mahama Reveals BoG Plans to Refresh Ghana’s Cedi

August 17, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
Pillars of Cadres Ghana

Pillars of Ghana Condemns Government’s Officials for Acquiring State Properties

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.