• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Monday, August 17, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in General News

Wounded Suspected Pirate Transferred To Hospital In Ghana

Maynard Championby Maynard Champion
December 20, 2021
Reading Time: 3 mins read
Add as Preferred on Google
Wounded Suspected Pirate Transferred To Hospital In Ghana

A suspected pirate wounded during an exchange of gunfire last month with the Danish navy off West Africa has been transferred to a hospital in Ghana, according to a report from the Danish military.

The report disclosed that the wounded man was transferred to a local hospital, where he is being guarded by Ghanaian police.  The Danish military was quoted to have said that “it was no longer considered medically sound to have him on the frigate” and as such, decided to hospitalize the man during a port call in Ghana on Sunday, December 19, 2021.

Reports in Danish local media say no further details were given and the military didn’t say where in Ghana he was transferred.

A Danish frigate was reported on November 24, 2021 to have killed four pirates in waters south of Nigeria in an operation to protect shipping in the Gulf of Guinea with three others kept in custody after the incidence.

ADVERTISEMENT
03ff38923a0d61183673595d15694bb6
Member of the Danish Frogman Corps

The Danish frigate HDMS Esbern Snare was sailing off West Africa on an international anti-piracy mission when it reacted to information that a vessel was approaching several commercial ships in the Gulf of Guinea off oil-rich Nigeria.

The frigate dispatched a Seahawk helicopter, whose crew reported seeing men on the vessel with “equipment connected to piracy, including ladders.”

A gunbattle ensued shortly after and the Danes reacted in self-defense, the Danish military said in a statement at the time. No Danes were injured. After the exchange of gunfire, the vessel sank and eight suspected pirates were taken onboard Esbern Snare, including one who was wounded and the bodies of the four who were killed.

Number of pirates on board

The Danish military initially said a total of eight pirates were spotted, but now say there was a ninth person. They don’t know what happened to the ninth suspected pirate.

ADVERTISEMENT

The three others in custody face preliminary charges of attempted murder. They are believed to still be on the Danish frigate. A Copenhagen court ordered them held in custody while authorities investigate the case. In Denmark, preliminary charges are one step short of formal charges, reports say.

The frigate, which had a crew of about 175, arrived in the Gulf of Guinea in November and will be deployed there for five months. It can be recalled that Copenhagen, in March 2021, announced that it was sending the vessel to patrol the zone, where some 40 Danish ships operate daily.

The Gulf of Guinea remains one of the world’s most dangerous waterways with regular kidnappings. In 2019, the region accounted for more than 90% of global crew member abductions.

ADVERTISEMENT

The piracy hotspot stretching 5,700 km (3,540 miles), from Senegal to Angola, the Gulf of Guinea, saw 195 attacks in 2020. The same year, 130 of 135 hostage-takings at sea occurred in the region, according to the International Maritime Office.

It is worrying because pirates create fear around the sea lanes that traverse the Gulf of Guinea, an area that is very important as it facilitates trade between southern and western Africa. It is also a key route for valuable goods such as crude oil emanating from Angola and Nigeria.

READ ALSO: World Remains Off Track To Meeting Under-Five Mortality Target By 2030 – UN IGME

ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: Danish militaryghanaHDMS Esbern SnareNigeriaPirate
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

Prosecute Shareholders of Failed Microfinance Institutions- EOCO to AG

Next Post

Beenie Man Calls for Collaborations Between Jamaican and Ghanaian Artists

Related Posts

Honourable Joseph Antwi Awal
General News

Nkwanta South MCE Says Arrests Of Suspects Essential To Restoring Peace

August 17, 2026
TVET Service representative, Franklin Kobina Eshun,
Education

Lack Of Resources Hindering Practical TVET Education – MR. Eshun

August 17, 2026
Hon. Kwabena Mintah Akandoh, Minister of Health
General News

Health Minister Clarifies Separation of Board and Management Roles in Healthcare

August 17, 2026
Former Vice President and the New Patriotic Party's 2028 presidential candidate, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia
General News

Bawumia Declares Regional Contest Over, Demands Unity Toward 2028 Victory

August 17, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent News

Honourable Joseph Antwi Awal

Nkwanta South MCE Says Arrests Of Suspects Essential To Restoring Peace

August 17, 2026
Ing. Dr. Kenneth Ashigbey, the Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Chamber of Mines emphasized.

Adamus Lease Revocation: Chamber of Mines Engages Stakeholders to Address Differences

August 17, 2026
Finance Minister with other Stakeholders

GANRAP Initiative to Improve Resilience Against External Economic Shocks – GoldBod

August 17, 2026
Novak Djokovic

Djokovic Targets Olympic Farewell as Family Takes Greater Priority

August 17, 2026
Prabiwo Subianto

Indonesia’s Independence Day Overshadowed By Earthquake

August 17, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
Beenie Man, while disclosing his intentions to have other collaborations with Stonebwoy has called for more collaborations between Jamaican and Ghanaian artists.

Beenie Man Calls for Collaborations Between Jamaican and Ghanaian Artists

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.