• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Friday, August 21, 2026
  • Login
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2DNew
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships
No Result
View All Result
The Vaultz News
No Result
View All Result
in Europe

Norway Claps Back At Trump Over “Zero Support” Allegation

Comfort Ampomaaby Comfort Ampomaa
April 21, 2026
Reading Time: 4 mins read
Add as Preferred on Google
Trump Rebuffs Putin’s Offer To Aid Israel-Iran Conflict Mediation

US President, Donald Trump.

Norway has pushed back against criticism from US President Donald Trump over what he described as “zero” European support in the conflict with Iran.

Norway’s Foreign Affairs Minister Espen Barth Eide asserted that Europe is doing its part in the Strait of Hormuz but argued that NATO is not involved in the conflict in Iran.

Speaking with a news agency, the Norwegian Foreign Minister asserted that NATO is a defensive alliance. “It is not an attack alliance,” he added.

Espen Barth Eide
Norway’s Foreign Minister, Espen Barth Eide.

Eide said that NATO members are focused on safeguarding key global trade routes, including keeping the Strait of Hormuz open. “NATO countries are doing something, but it’s not as a party to a conflict,” he added.

ADVERTISEMENT

Trump has repeatedly criticised NATO allies for not backing Washington in the Iran conflict. He raised the issue again during a White House meeting earlier this month with NATO Secretary General, Mark Rutte.

Eide argued that there had been no prior preparation or consensus within the alliance, adding that as a result, there is “very limited appetite” among member states to join the war.

He said that while both the US and Iran may have reasons to end the conflict, “the sides are far apart”, with negotiations hindered by opposing demands. On Monday, Trump said that the United States would maintain its blockade of Iranian ports until Tehran agrees to a peace deal. Still, Eide pointed to signs of “some progress,” noting the broader global impact of the conflict. “This is not only an issue for the two sides, but it affects the whole world economy,” he said.

Norway Iterates Support For Two-state Solution

Addressing a European diplomatic push to establish a Palestinian state, Eide reiterated support for a two-state solution based on long-standing United Nations principles. However, he acknowledged that such an outcome is “not around the corner.”

He added that a two-state solution is also in Israel’s interest, describing it as “the only viable solution for real peace in a very troubled region.” Norway, alongside Spain and Ireland, recognised the State of Palestine in 2024.

ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday, Eide noted in a post on X that the European Union is a vital actor in support of the Palestinian government and the two-state solution, which is necessary to achieve regional peace and security. “Glad to work with co-chair Kaja Kallas in Brussels on long-term support for Palestine at today’s AHLC meeting,” he added.

He made the post as Europe turned its attention to the Palestinians yesterday as the election defeat of Israel ally Victor Orban in Hungary gives new momentum to efforts addressing Gaza and the occupied West Bank. More than 60 nations sent representatives to Brussels for talks with Palestinian representatives on stability, security and long-term peace.

The European Union has largely been on the sidelines in the Middle East despite being the biggest provider of aid to the Palestinians and backing a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

ADVERTISEMENT

A majority of EU member countries now recognize an independent Palestinian state after many expressed outrage over Israeli actions in Gaza. The 27-nation bloc is also Israel’s top trading partner and a major buyer of Israeli weapons.

The Spanish Prime Minister wants the EU to suspend its long-standing Association Agreement with Israel and has said Spain will make a formal proposal at an EU Foreign Ministers’ meeting on Tuesday.

Other action, such as targeted sanctions on Israeli settlers in the West Bank, could be approved if a “qualified majority;” 15 of the 27 nations representing at least 65% of the EU’s population, agree.

On his part, Palestinian Prime Minister Mohamed Mustafa said in Brussels that Gaza requires “one state, one government, one law and one goal.”

“Our common objective of achieving one security structure under the legitimate authority should guide the effective coordination between the International Stabilization Force, the Palestinian Authority, security institutions and other international actors. Security must not be fragmented.”

Mohamed Mustafa

He also called for “the gradual and responsible collection of arms from all armed groups and also the full Israeli withdrawal from Gaza.” The disarmament of Hamas is a major challenge in next steps for the ceasefire in Gaza.

The EU has avoided directly joining the Board of Peace created by the Trump administration to tackle Gaza, preferring the multilateralism of the United Nations and global legal norms.

READ ALSO: ECG MD Apologizes for Recent Power Fluctuations, Pledges Urgent Reforms

ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

Tags: Espen Barth EideIran warNATONorwayPalestinian StateSpaintwo-state solution
Please login to join discussion
Previous Post

Audit Service Issues Correction on Nationwide Payroll Audit Report

Next Post

Appeal Court Rejects Chairman Wontumi Bid to Halt Trial

Related Posts

750x430 cmsv2 93eef830 37ae 50f7 b463 9402211d1ddb 9883813
Europe

Latvia Stops 28 Migrants From Belarus

August 21, 2026
European Commission President, Ursula von der Leyen as EU To Implement ‘Trade Countermeasures’ Against US
Europe

EU Warns Of Rising Threats After Romania Destroys Naval Drone

August 20, 2026
1001054794
Europe

Spain To Relocate 500 Migrant Children From Ceuta

August 19, 2026
Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
Europe

Zelenskyy Vows Response After Russian Strike Kills 10

August 18, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Up to Our Newsletter

Fresh updates, Straight to your inbox

ADVERTISEMENT

Recent News

Mr Mark Prempeh, Director of Petroleum, Ministry of Energy and Green Transition

Government Pushes GNPC Toward A More Commercial Future

August 21, 2026
Photo from PIAC's 15th anniversary launch

GIZ Urges Ghana To Turn Petroleum Accountability Into Development

August 21, 2026
Kai Harvetz celebrate after scoring against Coventry City at the Emirates Stadium

Arsenal Begin PL Title Defence With Resounding Victory Over Coventry

August 21, 2026
From the left, Mr Patrick Stephenson, Country Director for Ghana, NRGI, the moderator, and the panelists for the engagement, from the left: Mr Michael Aryeetey, Deputy CEO, Exploration&Production, GNPC, Mr Benjamin Boakye, Executive Director, ACEP, Mr Agyemang, Technical Director, PIAC and Dr Steve Manteaw, Co-Chair of GHEITI

GNPC Faces Governance Test As Energy Transition Accelerates

August 21, 2026
From the left: Mr Michael Aryeetey, Deputy CEO, Exploration&Production, GNPC, Mr Mark Prempeh, Director of Petroleum, Ministry of Energy and Green Transition, Mr Kwame Ntow Amoah, CEO, GNPC, Nafi Quarshie, Africa Director, NRGI, Mr Benjamin Boakye, Executive Director, ACEP, Mr Abrokwah, GNPC and Mr Patrick Stephenson, Country Manager for Ghana, NRGI

NRGI, GNPC Convene Dialogue On Future Of Ghana’s National Oil Company

August 21, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Next Post
Bernard Antwi Boasiako, popularly known as Chairman Wontumi

Appeal Court Rejects Chairman Wontumi Bid to Halt Trial

The Vaultz News

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

Navigate Site

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Top Stories
  • News
    • General News
    • Education
    • Health
    • Opinions
  • Economics
    • Economy
    • Finance
      • Banking
      • Insurance
      • Pension
    • Securities/Markets
  • Business
    • Agribusiness
    • Vaultz Business
    • Extractives/Energy
    • Real Estate
  • World
    • Africa
    • America
    • Europe
    • UK
    • USA
    • Asia
    • Around the Globe
  • Innovation
    • Technology
    • Wheels
  • Entertainment
  • 20MOBPL2D
  • Jobs & Scholarships
    • Job Vacancies
    • Scholarships

Copyright © 2025 The Vaultz News. All rights reserved.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.