The Israeli army claimed on Tuesday, November 28, 2023, that the ongoing truce has been breached in Northern Gaza.
In a post on X, the army said that three explosive devices were detonated adjacent to its troops in two different locations in northern Gaza, “violating the framework of the operational pause.”
It noted that in one of the locations, “terrorists also opened fire at the troops, who responded with fire.”
“A number of soldiers were lightly injured during the incidents,” it added.
The army said that its forces were located in positions in accordance with the truce agreement.
Al-Qassam Brigades also warned against Israeli ‘violations’ to the truce.
The armed wing of Hamas released a statement, saying that its fighters “dealt with” an Israeli violation earlier on Tuesday in the northern Gaza Strip.
The Al-Qassam Brigades said that it is committed to the humanitarian truce brokered by Qatar and Egypt “as long as the enemy has committed to it, and we call on the mediators to pressure the occupation to adhere to all the terms of the truce on the ground and in the air.”
Meanwhile, Israel’s Chief of staff, Herzi Halevi disclosed that the Israeli military is using the truce to “strengthen readiness.”
In a press statement, Halevi said, “Today, the IDF is ready to continue fighting. We are using the days of truce as part of the agreement for learning, strengthening readiness, and approving the operational plans for the duration.”
“We are preparing to continue fighting to dismantle Hamas. It will take time, these are complex goals, but they are more than justified,” he added.
Halevi asserted that each hostage released is a “great relief,” but the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) will not stop until all of them are released.
“The return of the hostages is a ray of light for all of us. It is also another testimony to the results of significant military pressure and high-quality ground manoeuvre. We created the conditions for the return of our citizens home. We will continue to do so.”Herzi Halevi
Speaking on recent reports that the military had intelligence of Hamas’s plans for the October 7 attack but senior officers largely ignored the warnings by their subordinates, Halevi remarked that investigations will be carried out after the war.
He said, “We will answer to this. We will listen carefully to each and every one of our subordinates and learn both what they thought and what they said.”
“The IDF, including the military intelligence directorate, failed on 7 October, ” Halevi said.
He asserted that there will be “incisive and deep investigations, but now we must focus on fighting.”
“The Commanders of the IDF and in particular the personnel of the Military Intelligence Directorate and the Southern Command are currently busy fighting.
“It would not be right for IDF commanders to be busy discussing responsibility with one or the other, I need them working together in the face of the many and complex tasks before them.”Herzi Halevi
Israeli Minister Calls On Netanyahu To Retaliate To Alleged Truce Breach
Israel’s National Security Minister, Itamar Ben-Gvir took to social media to react to a statement from the army, which said that three explosive devices were detonated in two locations near troops in northern Gaza.
Ben-Gvir called on Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu to allow soldiers to return to fighting in Gaza.
He noted on X, “Hamas has now tried to murder IDF soldiers in the northern Gaza Strip. I call on the Prime Minister not to “contain” the explosion of explosive devices used against our soldiers and to order the IDF to return and crush Hamas with force.”
“We must not wait until our fighters are killed,” he noted.
He added, “We must once again act in accordance with the goal of the war: the total destruction of Hamas.”
READ ALSO: Civilians Prioritized For Release In Gaza